Wi-Fi Internet Radio Receiver?

timc1988

I am looking for a stand alone unit, AC powered. Lazada does not carry them. I found a unit on aliexpress.com for 3000 BT, but takes up 30 days shipping. Just wondering if anyone has seen them in the IT Malls or other shops around Bangkok.

Thank you for any info in advance.

There doesnt seem to be much of a market for these things any more, presumably because there are so many other more flexible and future-proof options available. I particularly dislike devices that lock you into one internet radio indexing provider as these can stop carrying the channels you want or even cease functioning altogether, leaving you with a useless box. It happened to me and I wont let it happen again.

Have you considered some sort of wireless/Bluetooth speakers with a streaming device (Chromecast, Android tablet etc)? Just an idea.

Sonos is another solution though well out of the price range you mention. Again, just something to think about.

There doesnt seem to be much of a market for these things any more, presumably because there are so many other more flexible and future-proof options available. I particularly dislike devices that lock you into one internet radio indexing provider as these can stop carrying the channels you want or even cease functioning altogether, leaving you with a useless box. It happened to me and I wont let it happen again.

Have you considered some sort of wireless/Bluetooth speakers with a streaming device (Chromecast, Android tablet etc)? Just an idea.

Sonos is another solution though well out of the price range you mention. Again, just something to think about.

+ 1. I bought such a speaker with a great sound and I can use it wherever I want to with my phone.

post-158336-0-41796200-1468811570_thumb.

There is not much of a market for internet radios (wifi) in Asia. I bought mine ( a Logitec) on a trip to Europe for 5500THB. So its a steal if you can order one for 3000THB! You will never going to regret it. My wifi internet radio acts as an alarm clock and I preset it to 6 of my favourite radio stations around the world. No problem with weak signals as with normal radios.

I just added my existing laptop VPN to my phone and using a bluetooth speaker. So I can connect to stations outside of Thailand.

I find that nearly all radio stations are accessible from here without a VPN. There are some exceptions but they are rare. Also some stations (notably the BBC) use a lower bitrate for listeners outside of their home country. A VPN is very handy for bypassing that, of course.

I have a Denon x3000 but it did cost more as 3000 Baht and is probably a bit overkill if you only want to listen to radio. I do not know where it gets the list of internet stations from but the list is long.