70 bike racers arrested after being chased by police and soldiers to dead end on Rama 3

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone been charged with an offense? Has anyone been given the chance to plead to any charges? Has anyone been to court regarding offenses which may have occurred? If so what are they? Or is it a further case of the army making up the laws as they go along and telling the police what to do?

How many of the street racers have HiSo parents in the police or military?

Just asking.

Kids of HiSo parents would not be riding motorcycles. They would be in cars, old enough or not. Such as a certain girl with a VVIP name who killed a bunch of people and then complained about having to do community service as punishment.

Wonderful. Something the police seem to have been unable to do without the army's help.

The police would never have been doing this even if they had a two hundred police..The3 police are doing this because the Army demanded that they do it.The bib takes bribes from the racers each week to race.This is just a way for the Army to show the police "who is in charge now".

I doubt they take bribes from kids on bikes. They're just too lazy to do anything.

Wonderful. Something the police seem to have been unable to do without the army's help.

The police would never have been doing this even if they had a two hundred police..The3 police are doing this because the Army demanded that they do it.The bib takes bribes from the racers each week to race.This is just a way for the Army to show the police "who is in charge now".

This is just a way for the Army to show the police "who is in charge now".

If so then it is good and should be that way - until the police start becoming police

Finally a good job, what any European police force would have done within the first week of such events being pulled of on public road. In my dreams I could see the laws of traffic being in forced in the same way on all roads in Thailand now matter if you are speeding in an overloaded truck or an expensive Benz.... Ohh I just woke up and realize that I was indeed dreaming

And by the way my advice as a lifetime motorcycle enthusiast driving everyone crazy when I was a teenager: Give the youngest with gasoline in the blood somewhere to do what they love in a safe way (at least for the public). Many of them are good kids but need somewhere to go where some adults with the same interest can guide them a bit in a way they understand.

Typical response from some older Bloke who forgets the reasons for moving to Thailand in the first place.

Who was the Army pointing their guns at the offenders or the RTP.

Cops supervised by the Army again.

Yep. It has pointed out many times that the competence of the BIB increases markedly with the addition of a few green uniforms.

Have to agree with you there.

Its not because the army are the "good" guys, its simply because they haven't been working in the same area long enough to get bribes like the police yet.

You could even make it a clear case for implementing "checks and balances". Now that someone keeps an eye on the police they cannot get bribed out of taking action anymore.

The same concept would work if police started double checking the army or independent institutions (journalists) started checking police, army, and government.

If you want to help the kids rather than bootcamp, how about an proper rider training course instead? Use the time to improve their skills rather than just punish them for being kids!

I'm not sure you understand Thai society. Over half the boys won't attend that riding course, and for those that do it'd be a joke. And then it's back to vroom vroom again.

Heavy handed knee-jerk response to the road safety problem. Punishing parents will not address the issue.

If you want to help the kids rather than bootcamp, how about an proper rider training course instead? Use the time to improve their skills rather than just punish them for being kids!

Stop dreaming. A training course would be a waste of time and money, but a 3 months boot camp (24/7) might just do the trick.

"Ha ha'= I think it's funny the street racers got caught because I don't approve of gangs of kids taking over public streets for illegal races.
"And I'm a biker"= Even though I ride, it doesn't effect my opinion of the situation, they got what they deserve and shouldn't have been doing it.'

Ha ha. And I'm a biker.

Is that supposed to mean something?

I doubt Thai Parents have anymore control over their 17 year old sons as we do in the West. Which is next to none.

Keep the Motor Bikes for awhile and make them use Foot Mobile. The second offense they are fined and don't get the bike back. Third time is up to the judge.

making parents responsible for the actions of their children

may lead to some abuses by kids who may have poor relationship with their children.

some of them might deliberately offend again to get back at the parents.

rrrrright - 7 days in a boot camp will certainly change them to the better... cheesy.gif

How about 4 years of forced labour?

How about simply destroying all bikes, no matter if any tax has been paid or not since all bikes certainly have been fiddled with, making them unsafe, plus would "bike is gone for good" whenever they are caught frighten them even more than the stupid boot camp vacation...

However, it's at least start... We'll see how it pans out in the long run. I see no hope until stricter measures are implemented and that means - years of hard labour and bikes destroyed pubically for all to see.

making parents responsible for the actions of their children

may lead to some abuses by kids who may have poor relationship with their children.

some of them might deliberately offend again to get back at the parents.

Correct, plus are many Thai parents scared shitless of heir youngsters who ended up in gangs - parents responsible or not - this will lead to no good. You're absolutely right, SAHLBJL!