Halal Restaurants

MARZI23

Im planning to visit Thailand soon, my hotel would be novotel platinum, near Central World and platinum fashion mall so I was wondering that if there are halal Restaurants in those malls, also I have seen that there is a McDonald's outside and was wondering if they served halal food like in Singapore.

McDonald's is not halaal in Thailand, but there are plenty of halal restaurants around the Indra Regent Hotel area. Been to Bangkok plenty times and never had a problem finding halal food. Enjoy! :)

Most of the hotels we stay at don't offer halal breakfasts... but it doesn't bother us... we eat around it.. fruit, breads, salads, pastries, corn flakes, boiled eggs, toast... and sometimes, we find hotels that will fry eggs in a separate area from the omelette station which is a bonus :). We travel quite a bit and used to worry about finding halal places to eat, but we've never gone hungry or eaten anything we're not supposed to.

The restaurant/breakfast room in the Ambassador hotel is halal and is the reason why I do not go there.

They should at least offer a choice.

I didn't know that. I wont eat there again either. I fly thai airways, or if in Darwin, jetstar and air asia. Some curious people around. Looking to start argument I suspect.

Edited by Goanna

The restaurant/breakfast room in the Ambassador hotel is halal and is the reason why I do not go there.

I agree, personally I would prefer to avoid Halal.

I didn't know that. I wont eat there again either. I fly thai airways, or if in Darwin, jetstar and air asia. Some curious people around. Looking to start argument I suspect.

How could you not think you were in a halal restaurant if you saw a menu in Thailand with no pork on it?

Try Akhbar Restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 3. They hail from Pakistan but finally got their Thai citizenshop.

Great food by the way

And they have a poster on the wall featuring a rheumy eyed, ill shaven, mass murderer, judaphobe, thief and arch terrorist. Enjoy your curry!

Exception if no halal is available

If there is no halal food available and a Muslim is forced by necessity, then a Muslim is allowed to eat non-halal food in order to prevent death due to starvation.

Got to love the staunch belief system...always a get out clause.

Personally I will avoid halal on principle. From what I understand the method of killing animals is quite inhumane. I don't like paying the muslim tax either.

Try Akhbar Restaurant on Sukhumvit Soi 3. They hail from Pakistan but finally got their Thai citizenshop.

Great food by the way

And they have a poster on the wall featuring a rheumy eyed, ill shaven, mass murderer, judaphobe, thief and arch terrorist. Enjoy your curry!

They have a poster of Barack Obomber?

Great food by the way

They have a poster of Barack Obomber?

No Yasser Arrafat.

How could you not think you were in a halal restaurant if you saw a menu in Thailand with no pork on it?

That does not make it halal. It might serve Jains, Hindu vegetarians, 7th Day Adventists, religious Christian sect members or Jews, none of whom eat pork. They are also unlikely to suffer the diseases associated with the consumption of pork products.

Considering the manner in which pigs are slaughtered and the unethical food industry practices in Thailand, the avoidance of pork products can be considered an ethical and morally correct position, even if that is not the intent.

Exception if no halal is available

If there is no halal food available and a Muslim is forced by necessity, then a Muslim is allowed to eat non-halal food in order to prevent death due to starvation.

Who did you steal that avatar from....looks familiar...lol.