Tuk Tuk Drivers are Such Scum

ev1lchris

Walking home in Phrom Phong I was watching a tourist and a driver getting into an argument about the fare for a ride. He wanted 300 baht. She was saying that he didn't communicate with her and she wouldn't give it to him. Then he said 250 and she still wouldn't go for it.

He walked around all frustrating trying to appeal to in the alley. He tried to get some sympathy from me but I just looked away. I think these guys along with the cabbies are scum of the earth.

I didn't get involved but I stuck around because I hate the tuk tuk drivers. The customers were two women.

Why does he try to appeal to people in the alley to give a <deleted>. Like some Thai people want to associate themselves with him. Then he looks at me like I should say something. <deleted> scumbag, I hope these guys get cancer and die.

So the tourists were right. !!! Get cancer and die , what the hell are you doing living in this wonderful country with an attitude like this .. What we really need in Thailand is less people like you ...

I saw a 2 motorbike taxi asking 1000 thb from 2 Japanese girls for a journey that's usually 10thb....bts punawithi to soi 64

None of my business but cancer would be too good for some of them ....and people wonder why the tourists numbers are falling...

So the tourists were right. !!! Get cancer and die , what the hell are you doing living in this wonderful country with an attitude like this .. What we really need in Thailand is less people like you ...

Because

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because

He is a

Who the hell gets a tuktuk in phrom phong?

If it happened in phrom phong, we can draw the conclusion that the tuk tuk was taken from another location.....

I've never seen a Tuktuk scouting for passengers anywhere remotely near phrom phong. They must have picked it up, say, about a 250 baht ride away...

I saw a 2 motorbike taxi asking 1000 thb from 2 Japanese girls for a journey that's usually 10thb....bts punawithi to soi 64

None of my business but cancer would be too good for some of them ....and people wonder why the tourists numbers are falling...

Speaking for myself and numerous friends on our many trips to Thailand not once did we sit down and discuss not going because of a tuk tuk . Its such a minute aspect in the big trip picture, not to say I like them but how weak would you need to be to cancel the trip?

I thought the tourist numbers were rising , not that it matters as Tuk Tuks have always been there so up or down its irrelevent

Edited by mcfish

hate these scumbags. i take into consideration not having to use them in my living arrangements.
these asian tuk tuk guys are like babies on tricycles, scooting around and waiting all day for a dollar fare, quite pitiful really.

i was eating at a stall often and discovered one day that the husband drove a tricycle, and started eating at another place just so he did not get the extra dollar.

About five years ago I decided to never take tuk tuk in the "Greater Bangkok" area. This was only reinforced when we were at a convention three years ago and wanted to leave a function after the public transport had shut down for the night (hmm... <deleted> is with that any way?) The event organizers packed Hubby and me into a Bangkok tuk tuk at 1 am to head back to our hotel.

I must admit that Hubby didn't really notice, but I did. We would have been much, much safer walking back to our hotel. I kept punching the driver on his arm so he'd slow down and stop running over curbs. I think he was under the influence of a substance much more deadly than ours.

Oh, just so you know. I use a tuk tuk almost every day here in Chiang Mai. My favorite driver is a family man and I've never seen him "under the influence" nor will he take on a job after 8 pm. Just today I called him to take Hubby to a meeting with his Rotary club board and then back the condo to get me for a lunch date with some lady friends, then onto the fitness center, then Hubby and I went to a meeting. This is a typical day we have with this driver. At 1000 baht/day it's cheaper than owning a car, considering that not every day is like this.

Wrong.

The OP is correct. Those types of people are what ruin the place with their ACTIONS, not their thoughts. Scumbags ruin Thailand for many, many people.

Speaking for myself and numerous friends on our many trips to Thailand not once did we sit down and discuss not going because of a tuk tuk . Its such a minute aspect in the big trip picture, not to say I like them but how weak would you need to be to cancel the trip?

I thought the tourist numbers were rising , not that it matters as Tuk Tuks have always been there so up or down its irrelevent

It's the scumbag collective that's the problem. One after another. For some people at starts at the airport when they arrive and doesn't stop.

Some pent up anger being vented here, is it really worth it to stress out over 50 baht?

Considering the petty amount of money, why not just consider it a tip to a poor Thai person who is struggling along in life with a shitty job?

laughable response.

ive been harassed for rides daily for years. sometimes followed down the road as im walking. had to listen to these roaches and step around them in some cases.

and your suggesting a tip? you must be out of your mind.