I am in the middle of a 60 day tourist visa now and I have a trip to Hong Kong planned for a few days. I am going to get a re entry permit so as I can come back to Thailand after a few days. What are the chances I am going to get harassed by immigration at the airport upon return? I have been in Thailand a long time with tourist visas and they seem to be noticing this in the computer system. I have never overstayed. Last month I was rejected entry at Poipet and had to enter at another border post to get the only visa exempt I have had for over two years. One of my friends who also uses a tourist visa was harassed upon re entry recently even though his visa was valid with a valid re entry permit. Anyone else had problems trying to re enter at the airport? I can show them cash and an onward ticket if needed but what are the chances they can reject me entering on suspicion of working even though I am not?

I see no reason for you to have a problem entering with a re-entry permit since it is the same as having a valid visa for entry.

Best to avoid Poi Pet if possible. There have been other recent report of people having problems.

On the surface it seems ok but my friend has been harassed both of the last times he went out and came back with a re entry permit with him (as mentioned,same as a valid visa). I guess the result is that he did get in eventually but it still puts a bit of a cloud over the flight back since it's impossible to know if gonna get sh*t on by immigration at the airport when coming back. Maybe somebody else could share their experience if something similar happened to them.

Coming back from Canada this month,they would not give me my boarding pass from china to Thailand in Calgary. When I got to China,they werenot sure if they would give me because I didnot have a return flight. I had to explain I was returning to Thailand.with re entry permit.and was on visa extension.Finally they gave me my boarding pass. I thought I might have been abandoned in Shanghai.

One friend was harassed at Suvarnabhumi Airport and the other at Don Muang. One said the officer took his passport somewhere for 10 minutes after asking him a bunch of questions about what he is really doing here and why he lives in a condo. I wouldnt have a problem with any of this actually but the thing is, if you are denied entry for some reason, you are forced to wait in the airport detention until you can get a ticket back to your country. They dont let you buy a ticket to somewhere nearby. So in theory it can be a few days or more before you can get a proper shower and sleep. I may even cancel my trip to Hong Kong if I cant get clear answers from them before leaving.

One friend was harassed at Suvarnabhumi Airport and the other at Don Muang. One said the officer took his passport somewhere for 10 minutes after asking him a bunch of questions about what he is really doing here and why he lives in a condo. I wouldnt have a problem with any of this actually but the thing is, if you are denied entry for some reason, you are forced to wait in the airport detention until you can get a ticket back to your country. They dont let you buy a ticket to somewhere nearby. So in theory it can be a few days or more before you can get a proper shower and sleep. I may even cancel my trip to Hong Kong if I cant get clear answers from them before leaving.

You've had the best answer you're going to get from Ubonjoe. You will not get a definitive answer because it's up to the individual IO at the border when you re-enter. Anyone trying to stay here long term as a 'tourist' is potentially going to get questioned on re-entry.

In most cases, if denied entry, you are not required to buy a ticket back to your home country, and can buy one to a nearby country. It shouldn't take days to buy a ticket, more like minutes/hours. It's easy to buy online or at the airport. Once you have a ticket you are, usually, placed in the custody of the airline, or free to stay in the departure area.