Mayor accused of stripping reporter for reporting his engagement to teen

snoop1130

Mayor accused of stripping reporter for reporting his engagement to teen
By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

post-249866-0-44963600-1469537567_thumb.

A reporter on Monday films the entrance to the office of mayor Premsak Piayura in Khon Kaen province.

KHON KAEN — A reporter for a national newspaper was stripped to his underwear by a mayor in northeastern Thailand on Tuesday as revenge for his coverage of the official’s engagement to a teen schoolgirl, according to a report.

The bizarre punishment allegedly ordered by Premsak Piayura came after Daily News published an unsigned report Monday that the 51-year-old mayor held a ceremony on the occasion of his engagement to a teenager in high school, photos of which were published along with the report – despite the bureaucrat’s request for privacy.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2016/07/26/mayor-accused-stripping-reporter-reporting-engagement-teen/

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-07-26

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first moved here I was invited to the wedding party of the the head of the civil service. He was in his mid 60s. His first wife was there, his age, his second wife, who was in her 30s, and his new wife, who I believe was 15. They all had their own little house in his compound and he would make the rounds throughout the week. Everyone was very happy for him.

51 year old perv buys a ( presumably whistling.gif ), 17 year old school girl from her parents for 400,000B and a Toyota Vios.

Said perv, Mayor of the province, orders staff to assault reporter.

Nothing to see here...

TIT coffee1.gif

post-206952-0-31911900-1469539534_thumb.

Edited by iReason

51 year old perv buys a ( presumably whistling.gif ), 17 year old school girl from her parents for 400,000B and a Toyota Vios.

Said perv, Mayor of the province, orders staff to assault reporter.

Nothing to see here...

TIT coffee1.gif

this is Thailand not the UK get over it,mum and dad got a brand new motor, plus a loads of dosh, girl got a sugar daddy, you lot and your western values. jealousy more like, come on here preaching.best of luck to all involved.its nothing to do with us

this is Thailand not the UK get over it,mum and dad got a brand new motor, plus a loads of dosh, girl got a sugar daddy, you lot and your western values. jealousy more like, come on here preaching.best of luck to all involved.its nothing to do with us

he simply beat someone else to her,

and probably thought the reporter was competition, to eliminate...

What the difference between him marrying a girl of legal age with her parents consent vs the senior citizen foreigners here in Thailand married to or dating girls young enough to be their granddaughters.

Edited by Rayk

Surprised he didn't get Jerry Lee Lewis to come and perform at the big event.

For those too young to know, Jerry Lee (one of the Great Rockers of the 50s and 60s) Married his very YOUNG Teenage Cousin and caused quite a stir.

Surprised he didn't get Jerry Lee Lewis to come and perform at the big event.

For those too young to know, Jerry Lee (one of the Great Rockers of the 50s and 60s) Married his very YOUNG Teenage Cousin and caused quite a stir.

Young on a completely different level - age 13.... though he was much closer in age.... than this guy (age 22).

Unfortunately it blew up his rock and roll career (moved to country).... which was definitely a shame.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

TJA accuses Ban Pai major of press harassment

image-17-wpcf_728x409.jpeg

BANGKOK: -- The Thai Journalists Association on Tuesday issued a statement condemning the mayor of Ban Pai municipality in Khon Kaen province of press harassment for illegally detaining a reporter and having him stripped to his underwear.

In the statement, the TJA accused Dr Premsak Piayura, a former MP of the now disbanded Thai Rak Thai party, of ordering four officials of Ban Pai municipality to lock up a stringer of Daily News paper as he attempted to ask for an interview with Dr Premsak.

While being detained, the stringer whose name was not mentioned was ordered to take off his clothes and pants leaving only his underwear and one of the officials used a smart phone to videotape the newsman.

TJA said the mayor was not satisfied with the stringer’s article in Daily News newspaper about his relationship with a young girl and his proposal for her in the social media.

Accusing Dr Premsak of overacting, TJA said the mayor could have taken the case to the court against the reporter if he thought the article in question was inappropriate instead of resorting to force against the reporter.

TJA also urged the police in Khon Kaen to take legal action against Dr Premsak.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/173859-2/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-07-27

Note to Self:

Next time I want to keep my actions private--avoid Creating even bigger lheadlines.

The girl is probably better off with him than a guy her age though. Most Thai girls get married, knocked up and then kicked to the curb when young hubby finds a new young girl to start again.

This guy is too old for the newer model trade-in.

Edited by ClutchClark

The girl is probably better off with him than a guy her age though. Most Thai girls get married, knocked up and then kicked to the curb when young hubby finds a new young girl to start again.

I have heard many stories about irresponsible boyfriends/husbands abandoning their responsibilities -- but I have rarely witnessed it (even with the ones I heard the stories from). Many play around on the side (and potentially get kicked to the curb), but I have never witnessed any of them abandoning their responsibility to their child.

I have heard many stories about irresponsible boyfriends/husbands abandoning their responsibilities -- but I have rarely witnessed it (even with the ones I heard the stories from). Many play around on the side (and potentially get kicked to the curb), but I have never witnessed any of them abandoning their responsibility to their child.

Really?

There are several such dead-beat dad experiences towards the women in my wifes' extended family.

It is very common for the new little missus to be jealous and to want all the hubbies limited esrnings to go for her offspring.

If true it just exemplifies the attitude and sense of self-importance that people in authority feel they have.

Every day we read about Thias killing Thais for loss of face type incidents so this authority figure seems to have acted with far more restraint.

If true it just exemplifies the attitude and sense of self-importance that people in authority feel they have.

Every day we read about Thias killing Thais for loss of face type incidents so this authority figure seems to have acted with far more restraint.

Thankfully

Well since YOU haven't witnessed it, it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I don't quite understand the relevance of your post. I, for example, have witnessed it at least 3 times. :blink:

Just sitting having my morning tea (it is compulsory as I am Brit), watching the world go by.

I live in the middle of a small village in Issan, around 250 houses, so I know most of the people here.

The kids are just starting to head off to school as I read your post. From personal knowledge at least 70% of the kids are in the care of their grand parents, their parents working away from home in factories or construction. Out of that number the vast majority have only one parent (mother) their fathers having abondoned all parental resposibility and moved on.

I appreciate that you have "not witnessed" this phenomenon, but I assure you it actually does exist.

You are welcome to visit me, or indeed any other Thai village, and experience this scenario and be enlightened.

I have heard that there are penguins in antarctica, but I have never witnessed them. But I am sure they exist.

Have a nice day.

This one really disgusts me. Prayut should jail this man and fire his staff. He deserves severe punishment. This is the perfect example why Thailand is so screwed up. This man does not deserve to ever work in government again. He is a total sham and a shame.

The fact that he wanted to keep it private and assaulted a journalist who did not comply is interesting though.

'This is Thailand' justifies what exactly in your mind?

Perhaps you should visit Thailand some time. Then just maybe you will find out how often this occurres.

this has nothing to do with that it's his assault on the journalist? you did READ the OP?

Perhaps you should visit Thailand some time. Then just maybe you will find out how often this occurres.

I have been in Thailand for 6 years.

I have been in Thailand for 6 years.

then you lead a very sheltered life as I have come across it many, many times and it is a plague here