90 day report 1 day late 2000 baht fine and have to go in person?

2 hours ago, glegolo said:

I like to "rain on your parade" a bit dear Sir!! So to secure your day at your computer earning coins, the trip down to your local postoffice is 5 minutes, and then 5 minutes in there, and then another 5 minutes home, in total 15 minutes......

So bad choice to go in person just for that simple report I guess, Good luck next time..

Glegolo

You can "rain in on my parade" anytime, but I have had two bad experiences with the postal service here in Thailand, once was sending my information to immigration as you are suggesting (which they didn't receive), fortunate enough for me, I called them on the very last day, and they advised that they didn't receive it, so it was in the car and off to Sakon Nakhon to do it in person, the other was sending another important doc which also went missing, so post is out for me, and I am not holding my breath for the online service that doesn't work/work/doesn't work, so its in person until I croak it, or Thailand becomes more tech savy, the stock market will just have to wait for me to collect my coins, or theirs. 

18 hours ago, elviajero said:

I think it's pointless unless they make someone report in person and get proof/confirmation of the address being reported. If you speak to immigration officers they too don't think it's pointless and just causes unnecessary paperwork. The immigration management introduced online reporting to add to the mail, in person and nominee options as a way to make life easier for all concerned. It has nothing to do with "Thai logic", but an outdated immigration act that immigration have to enforce

Given the four methods we have to report, and the 21 day window, I would say that immigration are more than fair in their enforcement of this law.

you seems to lack both confidence as well as knowledge.... Use postal service as suggested, you send it as EMS, where you can keep track via your computer each and every step of the way, and actually even see the name of the officer signing for the envelope you did send.

So what magc is that really....... Good luck

Glegolo

10 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

You can "rain in on my parade" anytime, but I have had two bad experiences with the postal service here in Thailand, once was sending my information to immigration as you are suggesting (which they didn't receive), fortunate enough for me, I called them on the very last day, and they advised that they didn't receive it, so it was in the car and off to Sakon Nakhon to do it in person, the other was sending another important doc which also went missing, so post is out for me, and I am not holding my breath for the online service that doesn't work/work/doesn't work, so its in person until I croak it, or Thailand becomes more tech savy, the stock market will just have to wait for me to collect my coins, or theirs. 

I send my reports by EMS so that it gets to immigration the next day with tracking and signature proof of delivery. 

Started doing them by mail after they moved the office about 30 km further away from the house which made it 90 km each way.

Done 3 of them now without a problem. I also put 40 baht of postage on the return envelope so it comes back by EMS.

I would do them online but cannot because of my very old entry (2008) to the country.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I send my reports by EMS so that it gets to immigration the next day with tracking and signature proof of delivery. 

Started doing them by mail after they moved the office about 30 km further away from the house which made it 90 km each way.

Done 3 of them now without a problem. I also put 40 baht of postage on the return envelope so it comes back by EMS.

I would do them online but cannot because of my very old entry (2008) to the country.

I might take your advice on this, EMS sounds inexpensive too, 40 baht ?

13 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I might take your advice on this, EMS sounds inexpensive too, 40 baht ?

It is 37 baht when you send it from the post office. Only about 20 baht more than registered mail which is what immigration suggests. It is worth the extra baht each way just to be sure it gets there and back.

My wife had been doing my reports for me before but she thinks sending them by mail is much better. Now she just takes the envelope to the post office.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is 37 baht when you send it from the post office. Only about 20 baht more than registered mail which is what immigration suggests. It is worth the extra baht each way just to be sure it gets there and back.

My wife had been doing my reports for me before but she thinks sending them by mail is much better. Now she just takes the envelope to the post office.

So let me get this right, you send it by EMS, under 100 baht each way for argument sake, but do tell me that you DON'T send your passport, and that they send the approval back by EMS

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

So let me get this right, you send it by EMS, under 100 baht each way for argument sake, but do tell me that you DON'T send your passport, and that they send the approval back by EMS

That's correct, but note that a few offices reportedly don't accept reports by mail, so you should check that your local office does before sending the report.

17 minutes ago, elviajero said:

That's correct, but note that a few offices reportedly don't accept reports by mail, so you should check that your local office does before sending the report.

Thanks for the heads up, will do just that and if they do accept, will give it a go, copy of passport should suffice ?

40 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thanks for the heads up, will do just that and if they do accept, will give it a go, copy of passport should suffice ?

A completed TM47 form.  A copy of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp. current extension stamp and TM6 departure card. Your current 90 day report slip (make a copy to keep). And a self addressed return envelope with postage on it,

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A completed TM47 form.  A copy of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp. current extension stamp and TM6 departure card. Your current 90 day report slip (make a copy to keep). And a self addressed return envelope with postage on it,

Thanks again, and not to forget the new Foreign National International Form which is the latest additional from they require, as I had to fill one in yesterday, but already hand one ready in my bag, thanks to the many people who posted about this on another site.

14 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Thanks again, and not to forget the new Foreign National International Form which is the latest additional from they require, as I had to fill one in yesterday, but already hand one ready in my bag, thanks to the many people who posted about this on another site.

I would not send the personal information form with a mailed in 90 day report unless specifically told to send one and they gave you the form to send. I have already done a mailed in report without one since the news about the form started.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I would not send the personal information form with a mailed in 90 day report unless specifically told to send one and they gave you the form to send. I have already done a mailed in report without one since the news about the form started.

What's the obsession with personal info form. Every topic seems to have mention of if do I need it for ect ect. Just go if they ask for it fill it in if not don't ask buisness as normal

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

When I went in personally yesterday and handed them the TM 47 form and my passport, the 1st thing he gave me to fill in was the new form, e.g.  Foreign National International Form, and I reached into my bag as I had one already completed, so I would fail to see how I would get my 90 day renew through in the future, if they wanted this from me when I lodged it personally yesterday, as far as my bank details are correct, I changed my bank account numbers a bit as I am not comfortable about giving that info out.

2 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

What's the obsession with personal info form. Every topic seems to have mention of if do I need it for ect ect. Just go if they ask for it fill it in if not don't ask buisness as normal

Its the latest addition form you have to provide them with, e.g. Foreign National International Form, download one from immigration's website, fill it in, take it with you, and only give it to them if they ask you to fill one in as they did with me yesterday, up to you if you mix up your bank account numbers as I did, if they ever ask, katou Mr Immigration officer, I lost my glasses, hard to see 

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

When I went in personally yesterday and handed them the TM 47 form and my passport, the 1st thing he gave me to fill in was the new form, e.g.  Foreign National International Form, and I reached into my bag as I had one already completed, so I would fail to see how I would get my 90 day renew through in the future, if they wanted this from me when I lodged it personally yesterday, as far as my bank details are correct, I changed my bank account numbers a bit as I am not comfortable about giving that info out.

As far as I know doing the form is a one time thing. It should not be needed for every 90 day report.

Some of the forms (there are several versions) state bank account info is only needed if it is a requirement to get your extension.

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Its the latest addition form you have to provide them with, e.g. Foreign National International Form, download one from immigration's website, fill it in, take it with you, and only give it to them if they ask you to fill one in as they did with me yesterday, up to you if you mix up your bank account numbers as I did, if they ever ask, katou Mr Immigration officer, I lost my glasses, hard to see 

Not sure what immigration website you download the form from. It is certainly not on the main website. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

29 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

No you missed my point entirely stop worrying about the form if they want it they will give it to you to fill in. As for mixing bank numbers lol if you have an extension marriage or retirement they already have it dear me it's only a form

Just a clarification, the new Foreign National Information form will only be requested when making a personal appearance at your Immigration office for extensions, 90 day reports or any other business in person.

It is not required for mail in or online reporting.

If you regularly visit in person, you should not be required to continually complete this form.

As Joe stated and also my understanding, it is a one time form.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure what immigration website you download the form from. It is certainly not on the main website. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Sorry, my mistake, here it is from the site I got it from, just print it off as it didn't save the info when I typed it in

http://www.nvtpattaya.org/nvtp/images/Handig/NVTP-2016-06-22-Foreign-National-Information-Formulier.pdf

1 hour ago, Faz said:

Just a clarification, the new Foreign National Information form will only be requested when making a personal appearance at your Immigration office for extensions, 90 day reports or any other business in person.

It is not required for mail in or online reporting.

If you regularly visit in person, you should not be required to continually complete this form.

As Joe stated and also my understanding, it is a one time form.

Thanks for the clarrification, appreciated

2 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

No you missed my point entirely stop worrying about the form if they want it they will give it to you to fill in. As for mixing bank numbers lol if you have an extension marriage or retirement they already have it dear me it's only a form

LMAO, totally didn't see that one coming, yes they already have my bank account details, talk about paranoid......