No Time Limit Application ?

We are in Thailand at the moment My Thai  Wife who has ILR and Thai Passport (i am a UK Citizen)

We have some confusuion on what form to fill in for her recent first name change she has to report her name change and amend her Biometric Recidency Permit Card before 24th Aug 2016  do we fill in BRP(RC) Form as i can see many have done on other forums have OR do we fill in an No Time Limit Application ?Can we do any of this from here in Thailand?

I have written to Croydon to report the Change  and asked which form i should use but no reply . as we only have 3 mths to do .

The only response i have is from the BRP Error reporting email which explains the following (but from what i have read here this seems to be for people with a Visa wanting to transfer to BRP

or i may be wrong it seems very confusing to such a simple thing to do.) I quote:

""Thank you for your enquiry.

Information regarding what to do to report a change of circumstances is available on our website at:  https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

I would recommend that you submit a change of circumstances form, as mentioned at the bottom of this page.

Following your wife’s change of name, should your wife wish to have the name on the Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) amended to the name to match the name in her new passport.  Then a No Time Limit (NTL) application would be required.  Information on this application is also available on our website at: https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa

The name on the BRP should match the information in the permit holder’s current passport, as they may encounter delays at Border Control whilst further checks are conducted.

Regards""

I appreciate any help on this as we are totally confused

Thank-you.

My best guess is that strictly she needs a BRP replacement visa as though she had lost her BRP.

I think your least stressful path is to change her Thai passport in the UK and ignore the name change until you are back home.  You may face a £1,000 fine, but the potential for mishaps and delays in Thailand appals me.  You can't get a long term BRP  in Thailand; they can only be collected in the UK.  Neither form NTL nor BRP(RC) can be used for applications from abroad.

On 8/6/2016 at 3:30 AM, Richard W said:

My best guess is that strictly she needs a BRP replacement visa as though she had lost her BRP.

I think your least stressful path is to change her Thai passport in the UK and ignore the name change until you are back home.  You may face a £1,000 fine, but the potential for mishaps and delays in Thailand appals me.  You can't get a long term BRP  in Thailand; they can only be collected in the UK.  Neither form NTL nor BRP(RC) can be used for applications from abroad.

Hi Richard W..... So we have Changed her Thai Passport in Thailand to new one with the new name and certificate of change translated for UKBI at UK Airport,

and will use the form NTL ,from your kind advice and help, and as we have to collect the BRP  posted back to us only  in the UK i would appear

making an application from Thailand would not work and we must  return to UK before the 24th Aug to do all this.

Thank-you doing a great job on the forum helping members.

Good Luck

Edited by POMCHOB