Fishing from shore at envirement Pattaya

joskeshake

Some years ago I tried this, looking for places before Bang Saray or Nong Nooch. I did find one place at an abandoned condo project, Once I went on the bike and someone took a screwdriver to my backbox, another time my back window was smashed and truck broken into. Went back to doing trips on boats alone. Locals seem to give it a go anyplace, even opposite soi 13 Beach Rd at night.

Edited by jacko45k

14 hours ago, rhythmworx said:

Go to the pier in Naklua, its on naklua 12 turn right where the road forks and take your next right, google maps will show you the way

I went there many times already,see thai people fishing and tried also, only small fish

On Saturday, August 06, 2016 at 6:02 AM, joskeshake said:

I went there many times already,see thai people fishing and tried also, only small fish

You just found out all about fishing pattaya..... sometimes you can hook a condom to ease the boredom.

You can basically fish from anywere along the beach as long as you don't do it close to swimmers...

The piers at Bang Saray and also the long rocky one at Ban Am Phur Beach which is closer to Pattaya.

From personal experience you have to fish at high water. This only happens twice a day here in the Bay of Siam...read about diurnal tides on WiKi...

I have only ever caught Gar Fish that have the very small mouth and you need very small bits of prawn on the smallest hook you can get from the tackle shops... (Rigger Store Theprasit Road) you cast a small round float with a leader about 2 foot long with the hook/bait and pull it in fairly quickly with jerking movements.

This fish is OK grilled and if you can catch them more than 6 inches long, and ignore the comment about them eating shit...this fish does not do that.

I have never tried the squid fishing - prawn lure with a multi hooked rear end... and done at night only. But I have seen the odd one caught even near Soi 13 on Pattaya Beach.

Reference fishing from a boat... everyone I meet says they caught nothing and were sick all day... but maybe there are hardier souls out there that do catch big fish from boats ?