ISIL claims machete attack against Belgian policewomen

webfact

ISIL claims machete attack against Belgian policewomen

606x341_340718.jpg

CHARLEROI: -- The group calling itself Islamic State, or ISIL, has claimed responsibility for the machete attack that wounded two policewomen in the Belgian city of Charleroi, the group’s Amaq news agency said on Twitter on Sunday.

Prosecutors have identified the attacker as K.B., a 33-year-old Algerian man who had lived in Belgium since 2012. He had a criminal record but was not known to police for terror-related offenses.

The assailant, who shouted “Allahu Akbar” (“God is greatest” in Arabic) during the assault on Saturday afternoon, was shot by a third police officer and later died of his injuries. He was carrying a rucksack but no explosives or other weapons were found.

Prime Minister Charles Michel cut short his holiday and said security was being increased at police stations.

“I repeat my message that we must keep a cool head. We must avoid panic of course… and not give in to terror. That’s the trap that’s been set for us,” he told a news conference.

Both policewomen sustained wounds to their face and neck and were rushed to hospital, where they wereplaced in a medically induced coma, Belgian media reported.

A spokesman for the Charleroi police told RTBF state media that one of them was seriously wounded as she received “very powerful” machete blows on her face. The other officer was more lightly wounded, also above the neck.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-08-08

Prosecutors have identified the attacker as K.B., a 33-year-old Algerian man who had lived in Belgium since 2012. He had a criminal record but was not known to police for terror-related offenses.

Can someone remind me who is bombing the sh!t out of Algeria. I forgot, that ship has sailed long ago.

Seems to be a recurring theme. Known to police / had a criminal record but not known for terrorism related offences.

Now might be a good time to carry out a comprehensive review and overhaul of your Anti - Terrorism procedures.

Win Win situation for ISIS as they can claim he was one of theirs since he's dead and despite what authorities may say about no known links,  mentally ill etc etc nothing can be proved either way and the deceased can't explain anything so ISIS get the headlines with their claim.

If he is/Was  a psyco or not is less improtant then the fact that he was an illegal Albanian and already had 2 times the order to leave Belgium.

The issue is that they can't be send back to Albania because they refuse to take back their scum. Belgium is negotiating already for 14y with Abania about this.

If he is/Was  a psyco or not is less improtant then the fact that he was an illegal Albanian and already had 2 times the order to leave Belgium.

The issue is that they can't be send back to Albania because they refuse to take back their scum. Belgium is negotiating already for 14y with Abania about this.

Isn't that down to an EU law/rule?

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Foexie said:

Sorry to pick up on a petty detail but wasn't he Algerian.

yes i was very wrong. Not alberian but Algerian

But anyway Belgium haven't got a exchange contract between Algeria ready for 14y. so that means they can stay there and ,if good Lucky for them nobody will find them.

And that is what happened. A stupid mistake on paper wounded 2 police officers one who even was moslim. Belgium need to just send out all the bad peoples in one place. Drop Derm anywhere in there countries and get a live again.

Belgium isn't that b