Chef's Jobs

bigchang

Where are you a chef,and what are your specialties? That will have a lot to do with where you can go to work and the wages paid.

By the way, Do you have any good recipes for soi dog,they are easy to get and a nasty mess to clean. But they are plentiful. :o

Hi bigchang.

I'm a chef in the USA, and my first trip to Thailand a few years ago I was hired as executive chef to develop the menu for an American steak house in Bangkok. I entered on a 30 day tourist stamp, intending to stay for less than a month, but decided to try to stay longer. I answered an ad in the Bangkok Post seeking American chefs. They sent me to the Thai consolate in Penang, Malaysia with a letter stating thier wish to hire me, and I returned with a non-immigrant B visa. That's the kind of visa you need to apply for a work permit.

My salary was about 30,000 baht a month. I don't think many chefs in Thailand make much more than this, unless they are Executive chef at a big upscale hotel. Hope this helps.

BigChang, I would check out the Bangkok Post classifieds, as well as contact 5 star hotels, many of these have foreign chefs and the assets to get one a work permit as well. Major tourist destinations are obviously the best choice, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Pattaya, and Koh Samui. I've heard they are opening some new 5 star resorts in Samui, you might check that out to see if they are hiring. Sorry, no idea what they make, but then, you would be living in Samui, has to beat England any day. :o