New Immigration Form

Well yesterday I went to the Chonburi Immigration office to renew my retirement visa, I arrived late and at the front desk i was asked if my paperwork was in order, I replied yes .I was not given any of the new documents to fill in before i could get a number, I was then given a number and actually went  directly to be waited on without any wait whatsoever. I was told after the lovely young lady reviewed my documents that I could pick my passport the next day. (i could have got it the same day if I had come there before 10am).

I went today to pick up my passport and new retirement visa and once more had no wait and had my passport in hand within 2 minutes of my arrival.

Before departing I decided to get my new 90 day paperwork so I went to the front desk and asked for a number , and TODAY, they did indeed ask me to fill out the new forms, I hesitated and she asks dif i had done so already and I said i had, so I was given a number and allowed to get my 90 day updated.

It looks like this new form is being done randomly, 

let me know your comments and experiences.

15 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

I very much doubt that you obtained a "Visa" from Chonburi Immigration Office.

What you probably have is a 12 month extension of stay.

12 month extension/ retirement visa ..one in the same.

I guess you the nk the glass is half empty?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JESSVANPELT said:

A visa is quite easy to recognise because they all have the word "VISA" printed on them but not the word "Extension": 

Example.

With extensions, most immigration offices use a stamp that includes the word "Extension" (example) but some offices use a stamp that does not include this word (example). However, no office uses an extension stamp that includes the word "visa"

4 hours ago, JESSVANPELT said:

Just as apple / orange is one and the same of course.

If you really wanted to renew your visa why didn't you trot along to Penang or Vientiane for a fresh non-O instead?

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

Just as apple / orange is one and the same of course.

If you really wanted to renew your visa why didn't you trot along to Penang or Vientiane for a fresh non-O instead?

and please tell me your delightful insight to why i'd go to Penang or Vientiane e for an "non- o" when already have my retirement extension / visa? just to spend money?

if your going to make a suggestion please complete your thought.

12 hours ago, JESSVANPELT said:

its typical of the cynical people who troll this site. you make  a holes post of basic communication and all i get in return is criticism...unbelieveable!

yes JVP there are cynical people about,just hope you dont meet one at immigration who's had a bad night,and you ask him to renew your visa,answer NO CAN DO, we dont renew visa's.

NEXT.

Went to Chaeng Wattana Immigration recently for non O-A extension, joining several other foreigners from the USA, Canada, Germany, etc. for the same. None of us were given nor asked to complete the personal information form. After the officer stamped my extension in my passport, I volunteered a partially completed form. Mostly to assure no future issue with doing the 90-day notifications.  The officer took it, saying thank you - she didn't sign it but did clip it to the paperwork package.

Went to jontiem Imm myself yesterday , was given the new form to fill in , which I did , gave paperwork for retirement extension /Visa and was out the door in twenty minutes , collect passport today after 2pm , fee 1900 baht. Great service at jontiem.

• Like 1

As to whether they are visas or extensions, I do not particularly care what anyone cares to call them.

All i want is everyone to undersatnd that a non O mulyi entry visa, a O-A retirement visa, and a retirement extesion you obtain from Thai immigration  annually in Thailand are different things and each one has it's own requirements and therefore have to handled differently to use them properly.

Beyond that I don't care what you call them, just that you know how to handle them properly so you don't get hurt trying to use them for what they were never intended.