Foreigners urged to “exercise extreme caution” in Thailand, as tourism minister visits those injured in Hua Hin blast

rooster59

1 hour ago, connda said:

Humm.  I hate to be Captain Obvious, but this thread isn't about Sex Tourism or quality tourists.  Not even close  :Dave:

But if you use the Search function I'm sure you could find one.  You're just a teeny-weeny bit off topic. 

All is related, i am just painting a bigger picture here.

In this article the minister is talking like nothing is going on ("thai people have friendly nature"), of course she is scared of losing even more "quality tourists"

The bombings are done by people who oppose to the military government.
Opportunities, freedom and democracy are taken away from thai people, and this leads to violence.
Fitting this trend, we recently see that the tourism minister states that she wants tot clear sex tourism, meaning lots of income loss for poor people.
And now apparently even tourist's freedom / privacy become limited, as they will be tracked everywhere.
The government in Thailand has become oppressive.

Talking like nothing is going on is just the "captain obvious"-kind of narrow thinking that we don't need. It is needed we see a bigger picture.

When the minister says "we all know the world is changing", that's just an easy way of denying what is happening in Thailand. I guess she's referring to IS bombings worldwide, but previously it was clearly stated that current thai bombings have nothing to do with IS, but with thai people opposing the military government.

If the military will keep leading this country, then tensions will rise, and tourists will stay away: families first, sex tourists later.

Edited by freestyle

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, MaxLee said:

Nice photo session for the TAT hag's..... IMAGE ..... IMAGE IMAGE......

We warn you,..... we're not really gonna help you..... case closed.....

It's known in certain quarters as "The Hokey Kokey".

I dislike the label terrorism

As in many parts of the world after being downtrodden for years some fringe elements of the group loosely described as muslims are saying it's time to incite a religious war

This doesn't represent the vast majority of muslims who are peaceful and non- confrontational

The solution as I see it is to listen to moderate muslims respond positively to their legitimate grievances and thus alienate the fringe lunatic element so they lose support

Until this is done the fringe will grow and the problem will grow

Question how many muslims are in positions of power in the current military government - my guess probably none but I welcome correction from those more knowledgeable

If none is correct there starts the problem

JGV

On 8/13/2016 at 5:17 PM, MaxLee said:

Nice photo session for the TAT hag's..... IMAGE ..... IMAGE IMAGE......

We warn you,..... we're not really gonna help you..... case closed.....

In your rush to pour scorn on these women, you might try and distinguish who is doing what.  I believe her visit and words were sincere. No-one likes to see injured people, tourists or Thais, in a hospital bed. 

The woman in blue is the Minister of Tourism & Sports, Kobkarn Wattanavrankul ,(known affectionately in some quarters as Popkorn" )

OTOH those folks over at T.A.T. (Tourism Authority of Thailand) are busy massaging the numbers if there is a significant likelihood of lost revenue in the industry.