Cheap second-hand bike near Kamala?

nkg

About 50-70m east on the soi between Ohlala and 7-11 there is a shop on the left that always has a few bikes out front. They change all the time, so I'm assuming he sells them. I have no idea on price, maybe worth looking. Or have a new one shipped to your door from Lazada for 2000 Baht. http://www.lazada.co.th/k-bike-folding-bike-16-1-speed-16k101-1852973.html 

I looked on Facebook, there were a couple of bikes that would have been perfect, but they had been sold already. I asked about the bikes on Soi Ohlala, but he was asking 15,000, too much for my budget.

I visited Tesco Lotus and Big C near the bypass road. The bikes were very cheap, and extremely flimsy. I spent 20 minutes at Big C with a helpful repair guy,  the display bikes had crooked wheels, non-working brakes which he tried but failed to correct. Also, most of the bikes at Tesco and Big C were tiny, presumably selling to Thais. I'm a big guy and I'd rather my new bike didn't fall apart as soon as I sit on it :)

There are some promising looking bikes on Lazada, but ordering over the internet it's difficult to get a sense of size or build quality.

Any further advice would be very welcome.

16 hours ago, Shot said:

^^^ You are asking much for little.

I'm sure you'd agree that there isn't much point in me buying a bike that falls apart the first time I try to use it. The link to the bike you gave me at Lazada is great value, but it's probably only going to be suitable for somebody small and lightweight.

I just want to spend about 5000 Baht on something that is relatively solid. I don't care if it's slow and heavy.