Registering Old Bike With No Papers

tvc15jj

I would to register an old bike that has no paperwork and I do not know where to go or refer to for information on what I may or may not be able to go. I do have receipt for payment I made to the previous owner (he imported it many years ago)

The bike is a 1950's item that has been in Thailand for many years. It was brought in by and Englishman in the 1970's and never used here. Paperwork when it came into the country cannot be found.

I live at Jomtien. 

The general view from the very small number of people I can talk to about this is that the bike cannot be registered. I wonder what would happen if I presented the bike to the Land Transport Office and simply requested it was registered. Anyone have actual experience in similar circumstances? I am interested in the process.

Also there is the potential costs, I guess there will be a tax issue to be formalised as well as registration.

Thanks you for reading, any feedback is appreciated

1 hour ago, Sure said:

Impossible I'd say. I tried very hard myself a few years ago and found the system uncorruptable!  I sold that old bike to someone upcountry who didn't worry about papers.

Thank you for replying. You confirm my thoughts ........