CAT v 3BB

GreasyFingers

Do not know if it is my slow Dtac air card or the new forum seach but have not been able to get any results search for CAT internet.

This is a request for those that live 'up country' if they use either CAT or 3BB for their internet. I am about 2 km outside the nearest (small) village and have two choices for internet apart from my air card. No provider (TOT, CAT or 3BB) will connect ADSL and TOT Wi-Fi is not available. So the choice is:

CAT fibre - connection fee 5000 baht, monthly fee 700 baht,  plus VAT

3BB fibre - connection fee 4000 baht, monthly fee 1200 baht,  plus VAT

From previous reading of TVF there appear to be few problems with 3BB but I have somewhere in the back of my brain that CAT is not reliable, but as stated above have not been able to search TVF.

Comments from users of either CAT or 3BB would be appreciated as the Dtac air card dropping out every day is driving me crazy .

Sorry I don't use either of those, having tried Cat and 3BB before both I found to be at best rubbish, (lack of Pre- service don't know about aftersales) but there is an alternative have you tried True via a sat:

It will drop when there's heavy rain, but it seems to work most of the time. Well so I'm told. Price don't know but worth a look. Pop into one of their offices/shops and see what they can offer.

Hope this helps.

Fredob43  there is an alternative have you tried True via a sat:

I have enquired about satelite but the Lomsak store knows nothing about it. Could be that I do not speak Thai and they do not speak English. I always thought that satelite would be the way to go but cannot find a provider here

9 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Fredob43  there is an alternative have you tried True via a sat:

I have enquired about satelite but the Lomsak store knows nothing about it. Could be that I do not speak Thai and they do not speak English. I always thought that satelite would be the way to go but cannot find a provider here

G/F Suggest you phone True head office BKK they speak good English. Get the No: from shop or you can PM me. I would put it in but the Mods would only blank it.

I don't use True for Internet as luck would have it I live in town and have TOT Fibre Optic around 1.000bt a month for 26M/B, can get cheaper for less monies and M/B.

I do use True for the TV but not their Int:

I only know about True Int: as a chum uses it he also has their TV, but only the base set up. 

Best of luck.

10 hours ago, fredob43 said:

G/F Suggest you phone True head office BKK they speak good English. Get the No: from shop or you can PM me. I would put it in but the Mods would only blank it.

I don't use True for Internet as luck would have it I live in town and have TOT Fibre Optic around 1.000bt a month for 26M/B, can get cheaper for less monies and M/B.

I do use True for the TV but not their Int:

I only know about True Int: as a chum uses it he also has their TV, but only the base set up. 

Best of luck.

Thanks, will give them a call

I just had 3BB cable installed last week. Wife and I live about 8 kms NNE of Surin, in the country, about 1 1/2 kms from the village. Workers strung cable from the village to my house and  it took them about 30 minutes to connect from my pole, do the inside installation and set-up the wifi router.   The cost was 1500 baht, and with the first months service  of 590 baht, the total was only 2,131.30 baht with VAT. My download speeds have been between 21.5 and 23 mbps and upload over 4 mbps.   

16 minutes ago, rapom said:

I just had 3BB cable installed last week. Wife and I live about 8 kms NNE of Surin, in the country, about 1 1/2 kms from the village. Workers strung cable from the village to my house and  it took them about 30 minutes to connect from my pole, do the inside installation and set-up the wifi router.   The cost was 1500 baht, and with the first months service  of 590 baht, the total was only 2,131.30 baht with VAT. My download speeds have been between 21.5 and 23 mbps and upload over 4 mbps.   

Good information. I wonder why the difference in pricing between Surin and Khao Kho. I will need to ask some more questions of 3BB

I do think there is something wrong with the prices they quoted you or they are be quoting you for fiber optic installation. The monthly cost for that is 1200 Baht.  3BB fiber costs 590 Baht for 20 mbps and 700 Baht for 50 mbps. The 20 mbps I have is more than enough for my needs. I have been able to stream movies without issues and play games on my PS4 and the ping is fast and the speeds have been more than advertised.  What I have from 3BB is faster than my ATT Uverse is in the states and a whole lot cheaper.  

For fiber installations, the companies usually will do the basic install and a short run of fiber for free. But if it's a longer distance from your home to the nearest connection point, then they typically have an extra charge of X baht per meter for the added distance. That's one reason why the installation cost could vary from location to location.

Archived