Ford reducing it's vehicle range?

Henryford

When i was looking at buying a car a year back Ford seemed to have a wide range of cars in the Fiesta/Focus range with i think three different models each with 4 or 5 door and an ecoboost engine option. Looking at their website now there are only 2 Fiesta options both 5 door and 1 Focus option, with no choice of engines.  Are Ford scaling back in Thailand or maybe bringing out new models? Seems odd as the Focus is a new model and there is only one available at 1.1 million baht.

Well, I wouldn't be surprised. Ford have had a nightmare with the PowerShift transmission fiasco worldwide. I read that 100 or so Fiesta owners are trying to file a lawsuit or something similar here due to transmission issues. The vast majority of cars seem to be OK though, from what I understand. I had no issues with my 2012 Focus. Perhaps they are regrouping until sales pick up. But I would have thought more choice and aggressive marketing and/or promotion would be the way to go, not reduce your product range. Time will tell I guess. 

Their Ranger Range and Everest seem to still be filled with a bunch of options.. 

The Fiesta and Focus website still shows the 4 doors option.. so not sure if they are waiting for a refresh or what.. 

They seems to have fixed the PowerShift transmission with this year models.. I am currently driving their EcoSport.. Haven't had any issue so far. 

Damn.. the cars are great workhorse.. should have gone with a traditional Automatic instead eh.But no CVT please.. 

They don't sell that many Focus's here so probably decided one model that is better than all its competitors was enough.

Australia/NZ seems to be the only local markets where they have a choice of models. I presumed they were made in Vietnam too, but maybe they get them from South Africa or Europe?