Great Pizza At Huay Kaew Road

keyser

Title says it all, had pizza today at this italian place called la cipollina, not for from the orchid hotel, and I thought the pizza was outstanding! Pretty small, but it was cheap and great tasting and I love that smallish place cosy vibe, not like sitting at them places at the malls.

Been past it many times and been meaning to try it out, good to hear that they have good pizzas. That's the one diagonally opposite the Shell station?

Me too. Usually no one in there. Always walk past on my way into Taiwan Restaurant for the best noodles anywhere. I'll give it a try next time I'm near there.

Owned by a nice Italian-Thai couple who remain cheerful and determined despite lack of clientele. I don't eat pasta/pizza in Thailand but have bought take-away choco mousse and tiramisu for Mr FB who makes very appreciative noises and goes back for more!

Title says it all, had pizza today at this italian place called la cipollina, not for from the orchid hotel, and I thought the pizza was outstanding! Pretty small, but it was cheap and great tasting and I love that smallish place cosy vibe, not like sitting at them places at the malls.

are his pizzas the northern or southern italian type - thin and crispy or doughy and chewy? does he cook them in a wood fired oven?

They´re thin and crispy, first time I actually eat the ends of the pizza and love it, what type is that?

Maejo,

it´s kinda close to lemon tree and amazing sandwich I think, and on that side of the road.

I also had choco mousse and tiramisju, and I liked that too.

p.s. where is thailand resturant, I often go to lemon tree, good food, but I don´t notice any noodle soops on the menu(but they very well might still be there)?

They´re thin and crispy, first time I actually eat the ends of the pizza and love it, what type is that?

Not sure if this question was directed at me or not but I'll answer it anyway :o Yes Paradise is thin and crispy too and I agree they are tyhe best type. Rick (the owner) puts bricks in the oven so the bases are very crispy. Really good stuff.

I'll give the Cipollina a bash next week you can never know too many good restaurants in my opinion :D

There should be a smiley for fat b*sT*rd I can't see how anyone can lose weight in this town :D