Bank of China Is Branch Opening in Chiang Mai?

Mickeem

I have just seen an opening advertised for a Bank of China branch manager Chiang Mai on a well known Thai job site

Has anyone seen or know about a Chiang Mai branch being opened soon? If so where will it be situated

Hopefully they will resist implementing  the Thai banking cartel extortionate foreign ATM charges unlike AEON

12 minutes ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Bank of China Thai Public Company.....there will be a fee; bank on it.  150 for a MC cash advance.

Most of the Chinese use Union Pay, which is only 50b at ANY atm in Thailand.

• 3 weeks later...
Map ICBC

There is one here

Yes, there is an ICBC atm just outside Thapae Gate next to Art Cafe, and of course outside the ICBC bank near the intersection of the Superhighway and Nawarat Road. I have heard that there is an ICBC atm in Central Festival, too. Anyone seen it? If so, what floor?

• 5 months later...

Heads up on this topic

Visited the new Bank of China branch in Chiang Mai behind Big C in the Chiang Mai Business Park

They have ATM's outside and it should be possible to withdraw using foreign cards without the robbing Thai banks 220B fee, but only Union Pay Cirrus and Mastercard

As I only had my Uk Visa debit card with me the transaction was declined, so will try using my prepaid Mastercard next time

Would anyone who makes a fee free withdrawal at the new BOC branch using Mastercard confirm that

Archived