It has quite a lot of stock

Will find out tomorrow what it is like

36 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

The Northern Part of the building on the ground floor

form night bazaar to the road behind the building

Partly where the sports stuff was being sold plus more

It has quite a lot of stock

Will find out tomorrow what it is like

Excellent, maybe you could post some pics, or maybe Dave is already on the case.

Thanks for the heads up.

:)

1 hour ago, Oscar2 said:

sounds exciting...a small Big C is opening.....party time...

Party time indeed - we all need to buy food from time to time.

This sounds like something between a convenience store and a supermarket.

If they do well there, hopefully it will help to revitalize Pantip Plaza.

The sarcasm aside there's no decent semi-supermarket in that part of town if you live close buy. There's Rimping across the river but that's it. Haven't been into it yet but if it's half-way to a supermarket (say bigger than a Tesco Lotus express) it's definitely welcomed.

Oh darn, when I saw that the latest post to this thread was from you, Dave, I was S-O-O looking forward to photos.  I caught sight of the front of the store during a recent songthaew ride in that part of time and I was so happy for all my friends in Peaks Gardens, Twin Peaks, etc.

I'd be quite happy having a Big C round the corner from my hotel (DuangTawan).

There's so much empty space in that mall they could almost put a full one there.

Sorry about your bike Dave, but thanks for trying anyway!

:thumbsup:

Went there this evening, turns out it's a Big C Market, so between the small store and really big store and all you need to know is that it's a full blown supermarket with everything you need, be it they had a limited range of cheese :)

Given the price difference between Big C and Rimping we'll be doing most of our shopping there from now on, even a 4 pack of Chang was 117 baht vs 140 baht at 7-Eleven :)

re

Sorry about your bike Dave, but thanks for trying anyway!

thats ok ... i was going to go to pantip after demolishing this roast chicken

dinner from soi 1 rr off chang klan road 

luckily i got the dinner

collecting my bike tomorrow ... dave2 

soi 1 rr roast chicken dinner 25 aug 16 20160825_131936~01.jpg

1 hour ago, lordblackader said:

Went there this evening, turns out it's a Big C Market, so between the small store and really big store and all you need to know is that it's a full blown supermarket with everything you need, be it they had a limited range of cheese :)

Given the price difference between Big C and Rimping we'll be doing most of our shopping there from now on, even a 4 pack of Chang was 117 baht vs 140 baht at 7-Eleven :)

so many people post inaccurate information. there is not a big price difference between Rimping and Big C. in fact many items are cheaper at Rimping than Big C., just like many things are cheaper at Rimping compared to Lotus. but there are some things cheaper at Big C, and that same item may be more or less at Lotus... basically it's a wash, prices are all very similar.

15 hours ago, Oscar2 said:

so many people post inaccurate information. there is not a big price difference between Rimping and Big C. in fact many items are cheaper at Rimping than Big C., just like many things are cheaper at Rimping compared to Lotus. but there are some things cheaper at Big C, and that same item may be more or less at Lotus... basically it's a wash, prices are all very similar.

Rubbish and I've been shopping at both for years. Rimping has always been more expensive, be it that it has higher quality goods (say with vegetables) accounting for a lot of the difference. If you averaged it out it would go expensive to cheap: Rimping > Tops > Tesco Lotus > Big C

Archived