Paying electric bill by credit card

baywatch82

I am totally new to credit cards, apology if this question is a stupid one.

I have credit card that for every money I spent I receive Airasia points which I can exchange for flights. That's why now everywhere I go, I pay by credit card if possible.
Today I was trying to pay my electricity bill at 7/11, almost 4000 baht so that would be quite a lot of points, but "mai dai".
Is it not possible at all to pay electric bill by using credit card, or that is just at 7/11 ? I paid already in cash, but would be useful to know for the next month. Thanks.

Remember the vendor has to pay the credit card company a fee to use a card, usually 1 or 2 % so the electric company has decided for business reasons to not accept credit cards for payment.  Has nothing to do with 7-11, they are just an agent for the electric company that collects cash payments for them

I have my electricity bill paid each month automatically by charge to my credit card. This is very convenient. I do not have to remember to pay it or go to 7-11 and the fee is only 5B. It was also very easy to set up. I just called the electric company and emailed a scan of the card. I am using a Bangkok Bank credit card. I don't know whether your card is Thai or foreign. If it is foreign it might not be so easy, but call the company and ask.

A word of caution: One should refrain from using CCs if possible as you are only providing more opportunity for someone to skim your account info and take your $$$....   I use cash for everything except to access cash and I tend to use the same ATMs to do so which are right next to a bank in a high traffic area.

They would charge you 50 baht to use the credit card. I doubt the points would be worth that much.

If you want points. Fly from Bangkok to New York. You get both credit card and air miles.

Do every week and watch how many points you get. Do twice a week for and double your points !

Pay your Electric bill with cash. Same as the rest of the country.

Damn....
I did not have big expectations by posting here again (learned in the past already), but really, some replies here are below any level. I will really have to promise myself to not come back here with any question any time soon.

Admin, if you are reading this, feel free to close this subject. Thanks.