Embassy degree certificate check

murphya33

I stupidly laminated my degrees. The British embassy will not certify it. Does anyone know if the US embassy certifies a laminated degree from a US university and also, what do they look for really? Do they check if you actually did graduate from that university at that time with that degree or do they check the certificate. Any comments welcome

Who cares?  Maybe that would help.  Why would an embassy certify a degree and who would care if they did?  Don't you have a transcript?  Most universities will issue one in my experience.  I have one and it was no problem to get.

Edited by Scotwight

I've never needed to certify my degree.

On my first waiver I used a scanned copy of my degree that I then printed out and faxed to krusapa. Might have looked dodgey too as my degree was A3 but my scanner only took A4 so I had to make 2x pictures and stick them together then scale them down & send in the A4 fax machine lol. That was quite a while ago though so they were probably less strict.

My second waiver, which I got last month, I used my transcript. It was a bit of a pain since I had to order it from NZ and it took a month to arrive in the mail (I live in the countryside), but I didn't have any problems at all when visiting krusapa.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Certification or whatever you care to call it, isn't required of USA applicants, only Asian and some European countries like Ireland. Most don't really look knowing of course it's just a certification that you presented it as authentic, not that it really is. 

ps: The Philippines is considered Asia for purposes of the above post. They will certify anything for their "heros" aka people who send money back to the Islands. 

Edited by BruceMangosteen

23 hours ago, Scotwight said:

Who cares?  Maybe that would help.  Why would an embassy certify a degree and who would care if they did?  Don't you have a transcript?  Most universities will issue one in my experience.  I have one and it was no problem to get.

Some people, even in the education field, don't grasp the concept that a certified, sealed(embossed) transcript is better proof of your educational credentials than a diploma. Such things never cease to amaze many of us.