Yello House - Kanchanaburi

backtofront

Have been back to the Yello House in Kanchanaburi twice now. Best tasting steaks I have had in Thailand. They do rib eye and sirloin for plus minus B250. Its well presented, more chewy than I am used to, but as tasty as any I have had. Would be interested to know if anyone else has tried them. They are on the left on the bypass just after the rail crossing if you are coming from the Bangkok road.

Interesting,, I'll have to give it a try,, Any idea on opening times??,, closest half decent steakhouse to us was inside the campus grounds at kasetsart university in kaemphaeng saen,,, (spelling correction likely)I think there are 2 or 3 steakhouses in there but one wasn't as good as the other...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Where and how much? Despite being a Thai steak, one hardly notices tough, presentation is good, starters are good. Not much English spoken, no salt or pepper and dared not ask if there was any English mustard. But two of us ate well for less than B500  . It was a good restaurant meal. 

I suspect that the owner has spent time time in New Zealand. He has New Zealand mussels on the menu and the way it was explained to me when I was there with my wife, the recipes are from New Zealand. But it was the pork steak that was on special for B89. Their menu is in English, the background music is Western , but there is not much English spoken unless you get to the chef who is generally busy in the kitchen. 

I think they are catering to the younger Thai market and despite serving local steaks it is worth a look see. I have not had much luck with steak in Thailand and this is the first one I will go back to when I am looking for something different.

Edited by backtofront