Corruption situation in Thailand improves, says PACC

rooster59

Corruption situation in Thailand improves, says PACC

Thammarat Thadaphrom

PNPOL590903001000301.jpg

BANGKOK, 3 September 2016 (NNT) – The Office of the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) is convinced that the corruption situation in Thailand has improved in the past two years due to the current government’s graft busting efforts. 

Prayong Preeyachitt , the Secretary-General of the Office of Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) and Director of the Anti-Corruption Organization Mana Nimitmongkol held a press conference following a meeting with Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha, saying the meeting had agreed to allow anti-corruption bodies to monitor and follow up on corruption cases involving state enterprises. 

They also revealed a corruption report which shows a significant improvement in the country’s corruption situation, thanks to the government’s anti-graft mechanisms. 

They also made known that a total of 237 state officers were under the National Council for Peace and Order’s scrutiny. Of that number, 51 individuals were found guilty, 8 of whom were sacked, while 43 others have been stripped of their rank. 

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2016-09-03

"Corruption situation in Thailand improves, says PACC"

Of course that's what they say. They would say that wouldn't they? Turkeys do not vote for an early Christmas. 

They're still liars though, as the state of the roads near where I live eloquently attest.

Winnie

How do they measure the improvement? 

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

They also revealed a corruption report which shows a significant improvement in the country’s corruption situation, thanks to the government’s anti-graft mechanisms. 

It would be reassuring if they made this report public but transparency has never been a strong point in Thailand. 

Without empirical evidence or statistical data which can be verified by a third party, this declaration is propaganda and nothing more.

To give a different perspective, I was pulled over at a makeshift checkpoint this year and I took pictures of the scene.  An officer asked for my passport, took photos of me, and told me that if any of those images made it online, on Facebook or anywhere else, I could be sent to jail.  Anti-corruption occurs through transparency and accountability, buffeted by public awareness and freedom of information.

5 hours ago, Winniedapu said:

"Corruption situation in Thailand improves, says PACC"

Of course that's what they say. They would say that wouldn't they? Turkeys do not vote for an early Christmas. 

They're still liars though, as the state of the roads near where I live eloquently attest.

Winnie

Well, now, you have to understand the statement.  When corruption improves, you have to know from whose perspective it gets better?

The laugh of the year just like the so called PM popularity and the outcome of the constitution draft votes. Hilarious and this regime must be with out a dealt. In the running for a Oscars nomination. A PM that is merely mouth piece and story announcer. The corruption has been curbed to suit where it lands. The reform is laughable.

Edited by performance
Spelling mistakes

94 seem to have been guilty of corruption but only 8 were fired. no jail time mentioned and the ranking of those 43, stripped of same, seems to have been left out of this report.

How many are inactive, or another position in another department? So many questions that have been brought up just due to this half a.. report.