Bread Maker

murni

The Panasonic bred maker I brought with me from England has given up the ghost(probably from over work).

Does anyone know where I can buy another one (have tried Central & Robinsons but no Joy)?

Failing that any ideas on where I could get the existing one repaired?

Thanks as usual in advance.

The Panasonic bred maker I brought with me from England has given up the ghost(probably from over work).

Does anyone know where I can buy another one (have tried Central & Robinsons but no Joy)?

I just bought one here in Bkk at the emporium store. I also saw one in the Central store at Bang na

Not sure about up north. :o

There is a guy near the Prince Hotel who has fixed a variety of electrical stuff for me. If you go past the Prince (it is a one way street), you cross a small canal and hit a T. Accross the T are shophouses, he is just a bit to the right and you will probably see a bunch of TV sets at the front of his shop. Not slow, not expensive. Might not speak English, I never tried it with him.

MM

When you were in there, did you happen to notice if they had any vaccum sealing machines???

Still looking for one between the 4000B , once in a blue moon kitchen usage, and the 70-80,000 baht ones...

gonzo

No sorry mate I didn't. I had a good look around and they had all sorts of goodies, but I didn't notice any vacuum sealers, just the regular bag sealers. I'm not saying that they can't get them, just didn't see any.

Bought a bread maker this afternoon at the shop pointed out by MM at a cost of 4,900baht. They only have the display model left but can order one in if required in 7 days.

Gonzo: Only the sealer as described by MM available there, no vacuum.

Edited by Mahseer

Bought a bread maker this afternoon at the shop pointed out by MM at a cost of 4,900baht. They only have the display model left but can order one in if required in 7 days.

Do you think the breadmaker you bought would be suitable for commercial use?

I used to own a breadmaker in Canada, which I achieved mixed results with. Since then, I always mixed by hand and baked in the oven, but I would love to hear how yours works out. If I can find a good breadmaker, that would be a nice convenience.

My other question would be... does anyone know where you can buy "fresh bakers yeast". FRESH, not the dried yeast, I have tons of that already. Usually comes in blocks, then you can cut it into small unit sizes and freeze it for future use. I prefer fresh over dry yeast, but have been unable to find any in Thailand so far.

Ive got a relatively unsused bread maker for sale if you still need one.

details

1. Used only 3 times as the novelty worn off real quick for the g/f & son.

2. Brand: Breville Bakers Oven

3. Model: BB290

4. Price: 3,000 baht.

5. Includes manual & recipe book.

Tel: David 053219210.

Ive got a relatively unsused bread maker for sale if you still need one.

details

1. Used only 3 times as the novelty worn off real quick for the g/f & son.

2. Brand: Breville Bakers Oven

3. Model: BB290

4. Price: 3,000 baht.

5. Includes manual & recipe book.

Tel: David 053219210.

Thanks David. I copied all the info and # down and will most likely contact you before Christmas, if you still have it by then.

Do you think the breadmaker you bought would be suitable for commercial use?

I used to own a breadmaker in Canada, which I achieved mixed results with. Since then, I always mixed by hand and baked in the oven, but I would love to hear how yours works out. If I can find a good breadmaker, that would be a nice convenience.

My other question would be... does anyone know where you can buy "fresh bakers yeast". FRESH, not the dried yeast, I have tons of that already. Usually comes in blocks, then you can cut it into small unit sizes and freeze it for future use. I prefer fresh over dry yeast, but have been unable to find any in Thailand so far.

Kurt, I'm really not the one to say as its still in the box but its fully programmable and looks like each takes 3 hours + to turn out a medium size loaf. If this meets your demands your fine but if your looking to turn out half a dozen loaves for the days business then it's certainly not for you. The shop only had the one size and its the same I've seen elsewhere in CM but not the one that Davidgtr is looking to offload.

Kurt, I'm really not the one to say as its still in the box but its fully programmable and looks like each takes 3 hours + to turn out a medium size loaf. If this meets your demands your fine but if your looking to turn out half a dozen loaves for the days business then it's certainly not for you. The shop only had the one size and its the same I've seen elsewhere in CM but not the one that Davidgtr is looking to offload.

Yes, I hear you. I am wondering about that myself. I guess I'll have to check some out, see their power requirements and then figure out if it might not be just better and easier to make up the dough myself and stick a few loaves in the oven. We bought quite a big oven, almost twice the regular width, so I would be able to bake a few loaves in there as well.

Guess I'll better sleep on it and talk to a few other restaurant owners who make their own bread, to see how they do it.

Thanks again