Holland to help build pipeline to Gaza

webfact

Holland to help build pipeline to Gaza

606x341_343252.jpg

THE HAGUE: -- The Netherlands will help build a pipeline to provide gas and water to the Gaza strip.

At a joint press conference with Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte, Benjamin Netanyahu expressed a wish to ‘help the people of Gaza.’ He said laying the pipeline was the first step.

Former Dutch PM Dries Van Agt decribed Netanyahu as a ‘war criminal.’ Protesters in the street agreed and expressed their belief that Netanyahu should be tried at the Hague whilst in the Netherlands.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-09-07

I agree the reference to the former PM seems out of place. It's maybe an over-the-top-attempt to be fair and balanced, and reflecting the fact that a majority opinion in Holland believes that Israel has committed war crimes  in/against Gaza under Netanyahu's leadership.

46 minutes ago, does said:

It's maybe an over-the-top-attempt to be fair and balanced, and reflecting the fact that a majority opinion in Holland believes that Israel has committed war crimes  in/against Gaza under Netanyahu's leadership.

Link please. I find this hard to believe.

Edited by Ulysses G.

26 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

In a previous post your pointed out the liberal bias of the press, I certainly wouldn't argue that, however it's not hard to find any bias that you prefer. Now, if the press is biased, then what good are links as they only inaccurately validate biased viewpoints?

4 minutes ago, Rancid said:

Now, if the press is biased, then what good are links as they only inaccurately validate biased viewpoints?

• In other words, there is no evidence to support his claim. Just as I thought.
Edited by Ulysses G.

This is about an international joint venture between Holland and Israel, not about possible Zionist war crimes in Gaza. Gaza will be supplied with water, the Dutch have century long experience with water (half of their country being built on the Northern Sea), so this could be an advantage to Palestinians. Don't forget, there's another part of Palestine (the West Jordan area), and there's by far not as much trouble as in overcrowded Gaza.

1 hour ago, Ulysses G. said:

I found this interesting and tried to find something that either supports or undermines Does's statement.

I could not find much on it unfortunately, but did find this link, https://brabosh.com/2013/11/19/pqpct-scq/, in Dutch, where it says that a survey has shown that the Dutch people think that more support should be given to Israel, more than to the Palestinians. This is a Belgian website, called the Flemish friends of Israel.

16 hours ago, stevenl said:

I found this interesting and tried to find something that either supports or undermines Does's statement.

I could not find much on it unfortunately, but did find this link, https://brabosh.com/2013/11/19/pqpct-scq/, in Dutch, where it says that a survey has shown that the Dutch people think that more support should be given to Israel, more than to the Palestinians. This is a Belgian website, called the Flemish friends of Israel.

Of course.  Who, in his right mind, is willing to support murderers?

2 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Don't bother, Holland. The Israelis will bomb disable it whenever  they get an itch.:coffee1:

So far, Israel is doing more than any other country to help Gaza despite shelling and rockets

on a daily bases, much more than any of their Arab/Muslims brethren like Egypt next door

who despises the Hamas for being the Muslims brotherhood supporters,

so yes, Israel will build the pipe, and I guarantee you it will be bombed by a terrorist splinter

group who's only wish is to keep the animosities burning.....