Condo rental along BTS 20-30k p.m. (4-5 stations either side of Asok)?

SooKee

Just at the very early stages of looking at this.  Currently I'm in Chiang Mai and while there's a lot I like about it it's a BIT too quiet for me on the social / nightlife side of things.  I do miss beaches sometimes even though some of them might not be the best you can get.  So I'm toying with the idea of either moving to BKK and sometimes taking a trip to Jomtien (or near to) OR living in Jomtien and occasionally taking a trip to BKK.  At the moment, the former appeals more simply because of the variety of things to do and places to go (and eat) in BKK.

I sure don't want to be driving a car in BKK and quite a few people have suggested living somewhere along the BTS Sukhumvit Line, maybe a few stations each side of Asok (e.g. Chit Lom, Ploenchit, Nana, Asok, Phrong Phom, Tong Lo, Ekkamai, Phra Kanong).  I'll be looking to pay somewhere around 20-30k pm (25k would be ideal) and would hope to get something fairly new in the 50 - 80 sq m range, preferably with a pool / gym and covered parking for a bike.  Would be nice if the condo itself was not too noisy for the times I don't go out, I don't much mind traffic problems etc, so long as the sound of it doesn't penetrate the condo.  Some folks say Soi 20 is noisy but there are a couple of hotels up the side sois where there is no noise at all. Not too worried about proximity to facilities etc. as most places along that route would have them I guess.  What I'm looking to do is shorten the list as much as possible by cutting out any non-contenders on the basis of any issues I'm not yet familiar with.  

Given the prices range I'm looking at, would it be do-able in those areas?  Additionally, for those living in, or who have lived in (or even are very familiar with) those areas, are there any issues in respect of them that have caused people to avoid or move out that I might not be familiar with?  Also, I'm guessing that the further you move out the more reasonable the costs gets (the more apartment you get for your money)?  I'm not adverse to living further out as long as it doesn't take 30-40 minutes to get closer to S/Vit Soi 20 and around on the BTS/MRT, mainly because of the nuisance of getting a taxi back home after the BTS / MRT service finishes (12 I think??).  I'm also not adverse to living along an MRT route as opposed to BTS.

Any thoughts appreciated, especially if it helps shorten the list, as it'll allow me to start focussing condos within areas as opposed to areas as a whole.

I can recommend the BASE condo at onnut meet all your listed requirements, pretty nice big garden and pool, 7/11 and atm inside , BigC extra opposite and plenty of streetfood, a few min walk distance to BTS... You able to get a 2 bedroom 60sqm high rise flat around 25k with a 1year contract. Look on hipflat to see what the offers there but you can choose any other by map too although most condos dont have the same quality offered like Sansiri does as well as overpriced when you go closer to asoke easily find your requirements around the 45-60k per month ballpark. By the way its easy to drive car around here, it's quite close to everything.

• 2 weeks later...

2 within walking of Asoke. 

You might want to try either Liberty Place Sukhumvit Soi 22 or Serenita Residence which is a little more expensive but nicer and close to Soi 22. Liberty is 14000 studio to 26,000 1 bedroom. A few years back Serenita was 23000 for a studio. 

Edited by boomerexpat

I have nice condo at Asoke for rent 3 bedrooms, 130 sqm. Pool. gym, darts and snooker table, small park.

Big balcony.

You can rent, for 6-12 months contracts. Fully furnished, for 28,000 baht. Comes with parking spot for one car.

3 minute walk from sky train.

i live at sukhumvit plus condo, 46/1- 1 beds available from 18,000, can walk to Phra khanong BTS 6 minutes, nice pool gym library. great plaza across the footbridge to eat out, at the moment i see about 7 for rent and 2 two bed condos. in fact everything one could need, dentist across the road,street food  2 chemists, lots of 7/11 family marts , i cannot fault it.also being older the rooms are bigger, 44 sq m.i just add got a great agent he takes care of all my bills for a measly 10 baht a bill.   (30 baht)

Edited by mercman24

21 hours ago, bark said:

I have nice condo at Asoke for rent 3 bedrooms, 130 sqm. Pool. gym, darts and snooker table, small park.

Big balcony.

You can rent, for 6-12 months contracts. Fully furnished, for 28,000 baht. Comes with parking spot for one car.

3 minute walk from sky train.

Which building is that? I'm tentatively looking for somewhere to rent for a year to allow me to make trips of a few days to Bangkok whilst still living mostly in Jomtien.

• 4 weeks later...

Will be checking out the places listed plus quite a few others I've turned up in week or two.  Might well consider restricting myself to the area around Lumphini given that I'd like to have access to a park for cycling and running

On 10/12/2016 at 6:19 PM, SooKee said:

Will be checking out the places listed plus quite a few others I've turned up in week or two.  Might well consider restricting myself to the area around Lumphini given that I'd like to have access to a park for cycling and running

Lumpini Park View Condo (LPVC).  Subway entrance immediately at the front door (Had to use LPVC land).  Overlooks Lumpini Park,

a couple hundred meter walk

17 hours ago, OneZero said:

Lumpini Park View Condo (LPVC).  Subway entrance immediately at the front door (Had to use LPVC land).  Overlooks Lumpini Park,

17 hours ago, OneZero said:

Edit:

FYI: LPVC is on Rama IV next to Benz dealer.  There is a real estate office on first floor separate from condo mgt also on first floor.  A 40sqm condo would rent for approx 15K, depending of how fixed up, what floor, etc (Of course a higher floor would have better views, but I think 15K is going rate).  There is small gym on 11th floor near pool.  I own 40sqm 33rd floor overlooking Lumpini Park clock tower, spectacular view.  Perhaps if you see some rooms you don't like it would be worth asking to be put on a waiting list for a specific floor / view.

I use the DDProperty site

Thanks for that. I've got a couple of agent sites bookmarked but they're pretty so so. This one looks great. Even better that they have a well designed app with great search options and mapping. Thanks for the heads up!!

Posted using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Thanks for that. I've got a couple of agent sites bookmarked but they're pretty so so. This one looks great. Even better that they have a well designed app with great search options and mapping. Thanks for the heads up!!

One of the huge benefits is that it allows you to search by BTS or MRT station

One of the huge benefits is that it allows you to search by BTS or MRT station

Yah. Been playing around with the app version and they come up if you search under Location and enter the name of the station. I was messing around trying to find a drop down list of Transportation but I think it only comes up under a Location search. Great site / app.

Mind you. Gotta love some of these 'agents'. Makes you wonder if they have even the slightest clue about property marketing. 11 shots of the condo, its pool and gym, 4 shots of the condo name plate then maybe a single interior shot of, say, a close up of the dining table with a plate on it. If you're lucky. About as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Posted using Tapatalk