Sondhi in good health in prison, Corrections Dept says

webfact

46 minutes ago, gamini said:

Politically motivated?. That's what everyone says after they have been accused of crimes. So according to you, all 17 corruption cases cases against Taksin are politically motivated. So granting a huge loan to Burma (without going through Parliament) on condition they buy his satellite equipment is not a crime. Come off it! do you really know anything about the cases that he's been accused of. If you did, you wouldn't make such ridiculous statements.

Well put. Amazing there are still misguided ignorant folks who think Thaksin really was a 'man of the people' and never tried to rip them off. Seems like they have  forgot his ridiculous attempt to raise the funds to buy Liverpool Football Club via a publicly funded 'lottery' which would have given the him the funds to steal the loot and buy the club for his, and his crooked family's own personal gain.

They were enemies, perhaps you can't remember that far back.

Anyway, Thaksin did successfully avoid jail (remember he was allowed to) but his sworn enemy was too stupid to run back to China and  he,  Sondhi,  who has outlived his usefulness gets discarded.

Thaksin is certainly not a terrified rat at all because no country in the world will arrest him or deport him because most foreigners see the case was  politically motivated. Even Interpol would not accept the previous army's request to arrest him so that speaks volumes, doesn't it?

Hawk, for many years Thaksin and Sondhi were the best of pals (going further back than you can obviously remember), together pioneering mobile, satellite, mass communication technology in Thailand and Southeast Asia, until their much publicised fall-out. It seems like my recollections go a lot further than your own rather selective memories do.

I don't believe that any nation, nor Interpol thinks the case against Thaksin was 'politically motivated'. I would love to see you provide evidence of a refusal of an extradition request on such grounds.

Still, please feel free to carry on to cherry pick your 'facts' which only serve to make your grasp on this case appear even more flimsy.

1 hour ago, gamini said:

So granting a huge loan to Burma (without going through Parliament) on condition they buy his satellite equipment is not a crime.

Mynmar was a client and a good client and has been prompt on the repayment. This was stated by Exim President Khun Pruektichai. The loan was for 12 years at 3% interest rate which is much higher than current and much better than China's 2% soft loan. It is a crime to charge Mynmar 3%.

12 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Dark years ahead. Expect to see more high profile personalities to be expunged. Finally sweet karma to  those who plotted against the people and democracy.

Sondhi was never a fan of the people, often denigrating ordinary Thais as being incapable of understanding anything.  But there never has been any real democracy in Thailand to plot against as Thai politics are not about policy but about which group within the old boys network will get the biggest piece of the pie.  Sweet karma indeed to a corrupt and truly abrasive personality, sort of like the Donald Trump of Thailand.  But dark years ahead are indeed in my forecast as well.

21 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

There is a good article over on the Asia Sentinel which puts his arrest and downfall in a very beleivable context. It's not what you do in Thailand but who you know.

I dare not post a link to that article, but I do wonder if the Asia Sentinel's "our correspondent" author of that article is none other than Mr. Marshall.