Question For Americans: Been Rejected For Visa (mail/person) In Us?

I am curious if anyone has been outright rejected by mail and in person? If so, could you state what happened consulate (which/where) or embassy and what transpired.

Also...could you provide some background as to stamps in pp for thailand or visits and if you are perhaps married to thai, working....I am really only trying to address the T-tourist multiple here.

For instance...if you ask for atriple but they give you a double or single, and you obviously sent in a check/m.o. - did they return the balance and if so how? Did they call you and inform you of the situation?

I had heard some live in certain area of country but send pp to other consulate. This might not be issue if you live in Seattle and send to Houston, but if you live an hour from consulate/emb and send it to other side of country... any issues. fyi - l.a. is bad place to procure visa by mail and in person.

Again, just interested if the money is returned and how, process is held up, phone hassles/phone tag and questions (doubtfully).

Many thanks -

Maybe I've just been lucky, but the two times I've applied for visas to Thailand (1-year type O, multi-entry) they've been easy to work with. I'm over 49 and each time was via P.O. special delivery mail with return envelope and postage paid. Even it there's been a glitch when sending by mail, it's easy to deal with American workers at Thai consulates overseas because (A) they speak English, and (:o are willing and able to do the right thing with alacrity (lickety split).

In contrast, when working with Thai personnel, there's often an underlying 'power trip' or at least a feeling that, "they're doing some giant favor for you - for which you should be profoundly grateful." ...when in fact, they're service personnel working for a government department, and giving a visa should be a perfunctory service - rather than some great favor bestowed upon some speudo desperated groveling mortal. And 'alacrity' is not a word that comes to mind when dealing with Thai bureaucracy.

thanks bb...yes, i should mention i also send off with post paid return envelope. also, i have not delt with americans working in thai emb/consulate but have fronted up in l.a. with thai national -she is known to be a real problem. i got what i wanted but she was quite rude (surprise huh?).

I never have done the application by mail. Always in person, properly dressed, with the paperwork the honorary consulate asked for (even yellow fever vaccination proof). Got exactly what I wanted with 24 hour turnaround. This is in the US, and I'm a US citizen.

But the last time was 2005. The times, they are a changin'

for the record, to pass on my experience. i have applied usually in person for double T and returned next day (or +1) from l.a. now i am on other coast and the emb flipped a double round very quick, i think five days -mailed thur afternnoon, recd monday!

but times they are a changin'

I am curious if anyone has been outright rejected by mail and in person? If so, could you state what happened consulate (which/where) or embassy and what transpired.

Also...could you provide some background as to stamps in pp for thailand or visits and if you are perhaps married to thai, working....I am really only trying to address the T-tourist multiple here.

For instance...if you ask for atriple but they give you a double or single, and you obviously sent in a check/m.o. - did they return the balance and if so how? Did they call you and inform you of the situation?

I had heard some live in certain area of country but send pp to other consulate. This might not be issue if you live in Seattle and send to Houston, but if you live an hour from consulate/emb and send it to other side of country... any issues. fyi - l.a. is bad place to procure visa by mail and in person.

Again, just interested if the money is returned and how, process is held up, phone hassles/phone tag and questions (doubtfully).

Many thanks -

I live in Ca. and I am in the process of getting my NON-O. I have heard nightmare stories about the consolute in LA so I am working with the denver office. the lady who I spoke to was very helpful and willing to answer any questions that I had. I have heard nothiong but good things from people working with that office.

Many thanks -