Patong police gifted CCTV to cover Bangla Rd bomb site

webfact

Patong police gifted CCTV to cover Bangla Rd bomb site

Darawan Naknakhon

1473303640_1-org.jpg

The 10 CCTV cameras were handed over at a ceremony on Bangla Rd on Tuesday (Sept 6). Photo: Darawan Naknakhon

PHUKET: -- Patong Police have been gifted 10 high-quality CCTV cameras to provide security surveillance on Bangla Rd in a ceremony held at the police box on Bangla Rd, where one of the two bombs in Phuket detonated on Aug 12.

The 10 CCTV cameras, which have zoom ability to see more than 300 metres and rotate 360 degrees, are valued at more than B1 million and were handed over at the ceremony on Tuesday (Sept 6) under the campaign “Thousand Eyes Community Help” to assure tourists and residents the safety of the town.

The project was also conducted under the national goverment’s Pracharat policy, explained Kathu District Chief Sayan Chanachaiwong.

“This is project, combines the full support of government departments, business operators and residents who believe that the crucial thing for tourist attraction area is safety,” Mr Sayan said.

“Under this campaign ‘Thousand Eyes Community Help’, these 10 CCTV cameras will be installed on Bangla Rd, then we will expand the project and garner more donations to have CCTV installed in other areas.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-police-gifted-cctv-to-cover-bangla-rd-bomb-site-59012.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-09-08

unfortunately providing the cameras is less than half the job. i used to work installing cameras in australia and i have a system set up in my business in pattaya after multiple thefts. they need to be installed properly and maintained. each unit requires waterproof enclosures and a power supply. the system i have in the shop constantly has cameras dropping out. the climate is very hard on electronics here. nice thought however and i hope they are put to good use.

Nothing like a bit of glitteratzi with scantily clad ladies, a clown in a green raincoat and a silly hat and the biggest peaked cap in the RTP to make a sideshow out of the occasion.

One can only hope someone remembers to turn them on. That is if they are ever connected to a computer or memory storage supply which they won't be because that cost is not included in the donation.