Makita promotion

Anthony5

This is a brochure I just picked up from the Makita shop, since I'm looking for a cordless drill.

Amazing prices for cordless drills  with hammer function.

Make your choice from the second row of the top, which has only cordless drills....................then go look on the Makita website if they even look remotely same, or have the same functions, as shown on the brochure.

Amazing scam Thailand

Image (4).jpg

The prices are cheap enough, because the HP331DWYE which is priced at 3290, can't be found online below 3690 Baht. It is also, together with HP330DWE, looks in real life as on the brochure.

All the other ones have pictures of higher priced items published.

And no they are not cheaper in the UK.

1 hour ago, canopy said:

prices seem a lot higher than the US so no breakthrough here.

This is the US equivalent of the HP331DWYE, which is sold for 3290 Bht including 2 batteries

In the US it is called PH05Z and is sold online for $143  EXCLUDING batteries and charger. You think that's cheaper? I can show you prices of the more expensive UK equivalent as well .

http://www.acetoolonline.com/Makita-PH05Z-12-Volt-Max-CXT-Lithium-Ion-3-8-in-B-p/mak-ph05z.htm

Or you can argue that it is the lighter version PH04Z, which is sold for $69 EXCLUDING batteries or charger at Home Depot

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-12-Volt-MAX-CXT-Lithium-Ion-3-8-in-Hammer-Driver-Drill-Tool-Only-PH04Z/206825211

Edited by Anthony5

It wasn't immediately clear the accessories included so I stand corrected.

And to the bloke who mentioned air fare, you are not thinking of the entire picture. A tool may make sense up to a certain cost. When it is 2x or 3x of where of what the manufacturer intended then it may no longer be the right tool for the job. Not speaking in regards to this particular case, but in general for cars, tools, or anything else. Price comparisons are more important than ever as international shipment options become more common to Thailand from all over the world. But Li-Ion will probably always be tough to import.