Thinking hard about moving back to the US

Strange

22 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Sorry I did not move back to Florida because I did not make money in Thailand

If that was the case I would not own a giant home with a 40' by 30' inground pool 1600 feet from the beach.

You are so full of it.  Does anybody out there actually believe that a financially successful individual would spend so much time on another country's forum bashing said other country that he doesn't even live in anymore?  Be honest.  Thailand chewed you up and spit you out.  You failed miserably in Thailand and had to head home with your tails between your legs.  We get it already.  Now crawl back under your rock. 

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For those that want some facts about cost in the USA here you go:

We live in Florida, on the each coast, 1600 feet from the beach ( four bedroom, 3 bath, oversized 2 car garage, large inground pool 40'by 30')

(It is cheaper to live over on the mainlaind than beachside however since we live beachside, these are the costs)

Electric Bill averages US $140 per month. This is due to running the air con and pool pump in the summer months. In the winter, it is mild and we do not have to run any heat where I live.

AT&T Internet is $69 per month

Mobile phone bill with 4 smart phones of unlimited talk, text, data is $120 per month

Water, sewer, trash bill (pickup 3 times per week) $100 a month

Car Insurance with (4) cars and a 16 year old driver averages out to $175 per month

Amazon and Netflix average about $20 a month (no tv watchers here so no cable TV)(Cable can run from $50 a month to $200 a month)

Gas for the vehicles averages $90 a month (right now gas is $1.89 US gallon)

School here for our son is FREE. Breakfast at school is free and his lunch is $1.90 per day.

School here for my wife is $30 a semester ESL for entrance to Uni

Medical Insurance I get through my work however I have to meet an annual US $6,500 deductible each year (That is offset by a 10% annual bonus and 401k savings matching of 62.5% of my 10%)

Houses beachside range in the $275,000 and up range

Over on the mainland can get a nice place for $140,000 and up

Restaurants, average about $15 a piece with a non alcoholic drink at a nice seafood or steakhouse

Groceries, average $125 a week, including things to cook on the grill, Thai supplies, you name it (for that price no one is going hungry) (2 big wholesale clubs here in town)

Poperty Tax and Insurance is figured into the house payment however it is around $2,400 per year

Vehicle registration, (just did it, was $45 a year for our brand new car, the older cars were around $30 each per year)

Those are some factual costs you can use to compare to your own.

2 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

You are so full of it.  Does anybody out there actually believe that a financially successful individual would spend so much time on another country's forum bashing said other country that he doesn't even live in anymore?  Be honest.  Thailand chewed you up and spit you out.  You failed miserably in Thailand and had to head home with your tails between your legs.  We get it already.  Now crawl back under your rock. 

If this is failing miserably, I am all for it!

Sound like you are one of those that has trapped themselves into a miserable life 10,000 miles from your real home.

13700963_586987044812037_8103893740271597045_o.jpg

13310622_567950220049053_2855499675922060996_n.jpg

3 hours ago, Thailimpan said:

Go home young man go home! If it doesn't work out you can always go back. Your wife will get tired of the US but hopefully she can adjust - cross cultural relationships are never easy.

Do you know his wife? If not how can you even make such a ridiculous comment?

My wife lives in Florida and she never wants to go back to Thailand, not even to visit

Try having some facts to post

2 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

If this is failing miserably, I am all for it!

Sound like you are one of those that has trapped themselves into a miserable life 10,000 miles from your real home.

More made-up nonsense.  Like I said, would a financially successful individual spend so much time on another country's forum bashing said other country that he doesn't even live in anymore?  The answer is no.  Hint:  Real men don't boast on an anonymous forum.  

8 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Agree.  No way his wife said that.  If anything, she's going to hate the USA.  And you're right about the racism in America, it's getting worse and more out in the open with this "Trump phenomenon."  America has always been more racist than Thailand and he's going to find that there are parts of the USA where he and his little brown teeruk will not be welcome.       

I have never seen any of the racist's you talk about in the US. My wife has always been welcome with open arms. North, south, east, west. We have spent time in many parts of the US with my Thai kids. Never, never a problem. Perhaps you hang out with the wrong crowd?

1 minute ago, Shot said:

I have never seen any of the racist's you talk about in the US. My wife has always been welcome with open arms. North, south, east, west. We have spent time in many parts of the US with my Thai kids. Never, never a problem. Perhaps you hang out with the wrong crowd?

Are you suggesting that there are no racists in America?  Seriously?  Lordy. 

59 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

You were talking about an International School being as good or better than the west correct?

In that case I am telling you it is not with first hand experience.

If you think your kid is going to get a good education at any school in Thailand, you are sorely mistaken.

Probably a good reason the average salary of a Thai graduating from college is 15,000 baht.

Outside of Thailand, a Thai education in any school is worthless.

Haters always find a way to hate those that have things they cannot.

Move on with your life, we will enjoy Thailand

Thank you

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

lol

They had segregation of blacks within my lifetime, lynching,  blacks weren't allowed into white swimming pools etc. Some guy even pored acid in his swimming pool. http://rarehistoricalphotos.com/motel-manager-pouring-acid-water-black-people-swam-pool-1964/

Hey Berkshire, 

I have never come across any of those racists either!  I have seen them in the movies and in TV shows ...I have read books about them.  But in real life??  Not yet.  And if I did run across some, what could they do to me?  Deny me food service?  Make me sit in the back of a bus?  Not give me a job?  Give me nasty looks?  I am not sure what the poster and his wife should be so worried about.

However, you are really on some kind of really RUDE roll on this thread ...I think you should get off of it.  You are not making yourself look good right now. 

You think Thais look down on white people?  Sorry, but I have not seen that. 

Why don't white Thai men marry dark Isaan girls? Did you just get off the bus?

How about the elderly white couple getting the pulp pounded out of them in Hua Hin?

You need some help with reality.

3 minutes ago, amykat said:

Hey Berkshire, 

I have never come across any of those racists either!  I have seen them in the movies and in TV shows ...I have read books about them.  But in real life??  Not yet.  And if I did run across some, what could they do to me?  Deny me food service?  Make me sit in the back of a bus?  Not give me a job?  Give me nasty looks?  I am not sure what the poster and his wife should be so worried about.

However, you are really on some kind of really RUDE roll on this thread ...I think you should get off of it.  You are not making yourself look good right now. 

Wait a minute, are you a white person or a minority?  If you're a Caucasian, then you have no idea what you're talking about. 

9 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Of course there are racists in America. If you read my post carefully, you would see "I" had not problems there with my Thai wife and Thai children.

3 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Why don't white Thai men marry dark Isaan girls? Did you just get off the bus?

How about the elderly white couple getting the pulp pounded out of them in Hua Hin?

You need some help with reality.

Man, you are seriously out of your element.  So you think that a light skin African-American can be racist towards a dark skin African-American?  Oh my God.  I doubt very much that people of the same race can be racist towards one another.  Do you even know what the word racist means?   

7 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

You haven't been here long enough and can't speak the language!

Sure they do, actually more so than when I started working here in 1985

I'm confused. You're a US citizen and you have not been paying US taxes while in Thailand? US law says you pay income tax no matter where you live. If you go back to the US, you may have some serious tax issues.

Good luck, whatever your decision.

1 minute ago, Jeffkp said:

I'm confused. You're a US citizen and you have not been paying US taxes while in Thailand? US law says you pay income tax no matter where you live. If you go back to the US, you may have some serious tax issues.

Good luck, whatever your decision.

Sorry Jeff you are wrong

The first $120,000 of expat wages paid outside the US to a US citizen are tax free

Just now, Berkshire said:

I've been here a long time and can speak the language. 

OK, test, what pronoun do Thai people use for white people when they think they can't hear or understand. This is 100% of the time. For example, "farang ....... chawp ab daet"

10 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Wait a minute, are you a white person or a minority?  If you're a Caucasian, then you have no idea what you're talking about. 

I have been a member of an multi-racial family all of my life ...as a child, as a parent ..etc.  I believe that was the subject.

3 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Sorry Jeff you are wrong

The first $120,000 of expat wages paid outside the US to a US citizen are tax free

Yes, but you still need to file. I sure hope he has. There is an US citizen who lives in my building. He hasn't filed a tax return in 26 years. He can't move back and, of course, he can draw Social Security. He screwed himself.

9 minutes ago, Shot said:

Of course there are racists in America. If you read my post carefully, you would see "I" had not problems there with my Thai wife and Thai children.

And if you read my post, you'll see that I was talking about certain parts of America.  Actually, there was a time that I believed America was getting over its race issues.  Not anymore.  Now that D. Trump is the Republican nominee, it's painfully obvious that there are many in America who are still hopelessly racist.

Where do you live?