Confident Prayuth gives florid account of nation on cusp of greatness

snoop1130

Got to give him 10/10 for trying to lift the spirit of the nation,  as a leader should and I wish him well in that. 

Greatness? In Southeast Asia, Singapore is nearer that than Thailand who probably ranks above Laos and Cambodia. With Malaysia and Indonesia somewhere in the middle. Myanmar is striving to lift their economic act. To do what Singapore has achieved economically for its people would be a goal to aim for. In the meantime, being a big fish in a small pond hardly rates as greatness.

You can fool all of the people some of the time or fool some of the people all the time BUT never all the people all the time. History will be the only judge of the PM's performance. :coffee1:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Inyourendo said:

Cusp of greatness .... another hub issit 

Not Cusp of greatness he is pointing at his mouth at a bad bicuspid. He is also pointing there to indicate that he no longer puts his foot in his mouth. He is evolving. He no doubt has studied the past snafu's made by  self appointed PM's in the past. Even he can study the past and side step the mistakes made by former strong men here. One only need to research history and learn how to counter past errors but unfortunately as the populous of this planet we have as a whole learned nothing. Just look at the US elections. This was Hillary's election to loose and she is loosing. Trump started off as a rough piece of coal but now seems to becoming a polished diamond.  He is hammering away at promises the poor are yearning for but sadly like all past politicians he will not keep. Cut the business tax from 35% to 15% yeah sure. Who will the lender be the People's Bank of China or the Bank of the House of Saud well gee the US seems slightly out of favor with them right now. Ah yes the Fed and their printing presses stand at the ready. All you TV arm chair detectives should study how the Fed started (Jekyll Island) and became the 3 headed serpent it is today. Glen Beck has an excellent feature on this. Makes for good reading. Also the films The Men Who Built America and Oliver Stones Untold History of The United States.  I am finally boning up on all that history that whizzed by when I was to busy getting married, finding a job, raising children and paying a mortgage. Is that Frankie Yankovich playing the accordion in the background? no its Walter Ostanek. Well Mr. PM I am happy to see you party and singing your own praises. Its something like the sound of one hand clapping. 

Edited by elgordo38

Least miserable countries.

Yeah,well maybe the availability of mind altering substances make the people believe that,for a short time,at least.I hear that Yabba,Ice,loaw khoaw,and false promises from on high,will do that.

I would include Booze,but that can have a depressive response.

Beauty!!! :clap2:

Should call Disney and make a Disneyland Park near Bangkok to celebrate...

Goofy, the yellow brick road, the tin man, Pinocchio and all others celebrities must be very eager and happy at his happiness. Tin foil hat man as well...

19 hours ago, baboon said:

"In a wide-ranging speech to commemorate his cabinet’s two years in power, Prayuth said Thailand has a stronger economy, more social equality, improved safety and general welfare. So good are the indicators, he said, his regime’s achievements could steer the nation toward First World status after his tenure ends."

That's it; he's lost the plot.

I'm shocked. You mean Thailand isn't already First World and the epicenter of all that's good in the world?

Mrs BBoxer, the local Som Tam lady and the two nose picking taxi drivers from last week can't all be wrong, can they? Thailand number 1!

1 hour ago, CantSpell said:

Beauty!!! :clap2:

Should call Disney and make a Disneyland Park near Bangkok to celebrate...

Goofy, the yellow brick road, the tin man, Pinocchio and all others celebrities must be very eager and happy at his happiness. Tin foil hat man as well...

You forgot the most important one: the scarecrow...with no brain!

Don't think a comparison to Nth Korea is entirely fair. The insults being tossed at the Thai leader here would see posters disappeared over there.

I'm not a big fan of military governments, but having experienced several here, nothing really changes much. They are pretty uneventful compared to anywhere else.

On 15/9/2016 at 7:44 PM, baboon said:

I'll see your amnesty bill and raise you a Bangkok in flames...

I'll see your bangkok in flames and raise you a take absolute control of every major government agency, change any law on a whim and be accountable to no one for 20 years and beyond. 

29 minutes ago, greenchair said:

I'll see your bangkok in flames and raise you a take absolute control of every major government agency, change any law on a whim and be accountable to no one for 20 years and beyond. 

Fold.