Looking At Buying A Used Superbike

Thumchok

I am looking at buying a big bike to do a few runs outside of bangkok , down to pattaya for a few days etc.

Firstly if anyone has one they want to get rid of , I may be interested . 750cc up sports type eg. FVR , CBR , R1 that sort of thing . Probably have up to 500k to spend , but would prefer something a little cheaper .

Next question .

Gearsacks and racks , are they available in Thailand , or am I gonna have to get one brought in .

Need to pack a few necessities when we head off , and I am sure the missus would feel a lot more comfortable with something behind her . Especially when she decides to answer the phone just before the lights turn green .

I have attached a pic of the rack so we are all on the same page , but couldn't find one of the bag .

post-36082-1164464032_thumb.jpg

I am looking at buying a big bike to do a few runs outside of bangkok , down to pattaya for a few days etc.

Firstly if anyone has one they want to get rid of , I may be interested . 750cc up sports type eg. FVR , CBR , R1 that sort of thing . Probably have up to 500k to spend , but would prefer something a little cheaper .

Next question .

Gearsacks and racks , are they available in Thailand , or am I gonna have to get one brought in .

Need to pack a few necessities when we head off , and I am sure the missus would feel a lot more comfortable with something behind her . Especially when she decides to answer the phone just before the lights turn green .

I have attached a pic of the rack so we are all on the same page , but couldn't find one of the bag .

Got a nice CBR900,may sell for the right money 1999, got carbon all the bits etc, it is a black one. nicer than your pic, one of the best in thailand, not rented out never dropped.

Next question .

Got a nice CBR900,may sell for the right money 1999, got carbon all the bits etc, it is a black one. nicer than your pic, one of the best in thailand, not rented out never dropped.

PM me or Post the details and price and a pic . I am looking at a couple of 99 models from Siam Superbikes later next week . A VFR800 and an R1 .

Cheers ,

Jim .

Hi Jim

I thought Siam Superbikes had gone out of Business, that was the talk i heard, i am in two minds weather to sell, make us an offer, got 5 bikes now and just boughr a V-Max, thats off to be customised and some NOS put on

post-9688-1164484462_thumb.jpg

this is what the bike was like when i had it, just done a lot of work to it, carbon indicators, hugger, racing sets, resprayed the rims, looks awsome now, a lot better. and new chain and sprockets etc.

Edited by Thaicoon

Hi Jim

I thought Siam Superbikes had gone out of Business, that was the talk i heard, i am in two minds weather to sell, make us an offer, got 5 bikes now and just boughr a V-Max, thats off to be customised and some NOS put on

this is what the bike was like when i had it, just done a lot of work to it, carbon indicators, hugger, racing sets, resprayed the rims, looks awsome now, a lot better. and new chain and sprockets etc.

THAT is one stunning looking bike! And you've done it up since the photos! :o

Hi Jim

I also read that Siam was out of business. Some of the bikes stolen and the Aussie lost everything.

If you want to buy a decent bike check out either Red Baron or Motozone in Bangkok. Do a web search. Spend a bit extra and get a legal bike with warranty etc.

Siam Superbikes. Bust.....

I ordered one ofthem racks from Ventura in the UK, should be DHL-ed over next week, a custom job to fit my MT-01.

Hi Jim

klms ? :o:D

News update .

went to Red Baron today and found a 2000 , CBR929RR with 7000klm on the clock for 325k . Knocked them down to 310k which seems a fair price to me . Will pick it up tomorrow .

Thanks for the info .

Cheers ,

Jim .

UKP4,600/USD8,800, is that about the same you'd pay in the UK/US??

Nice bike but seems a lot for something which is not really considered an import in Thailand(is that right?)

Nikkijah

News update .

went to Red Baron today and found a 2000 , CBR929RR with 7000klm on the clock for 325k . Knocked them down to 310k which seems a fair price to me . Will pick it up tomorrow .

Thanks for the info .

Cheers ,

Jim .

UKP4,600/USD8,800, is that about the same you'd pay in the UK/US??

Nice bike but seems a lot for something which is not really considered an import in Thailand(is that right?)

Nikkijah

The price for the bike back home has nothing to with the price here. Not considered an import? The largest domestic bike made is 200cc.

News update .

Thanks for the info .

Cheers ,

Jim .

make sure it has a legal green book, if nor add a further 60-70k

• 2 weeks later...

Retail on that bike in the US is 205,000 baht, duty coming in is about 75,000 baht, stripping and shipping about 30,000 baht, assembly about 20,000 baht. I would say you made a great deal with no tabien lot, with a tabien lot its almost too good to be true. Triple check the numbers with Japan, at that price and age, I would also want to see the import papers and make sure all the numbers match as well.

I did some research on superbike prices in Bangkok, it was 1 1/2 years ago, but that seems a reasonable price for a top condition 2000. As long as everything checks out, best of luck. I like your old bike, i just sold mine in Australia which is the same model (pictured). It was a trusty bike!

post-19278-1165483539_thumb.jpg

Edited by soi lurker

• 2 weeks later...
Peter & Siam Superbikes are still in business - see their website www.siamsuperbike.com for the full story

There are always 2 sides to the story. For a fact I know that he bought several bikes without books, nor papers and sold them at a later stages with all relevant papers and books. How?!..... Yes, it can be done, however not legally. It doesn't matter how small the lie is, the truth will catch up sooner or later.

Just my 2 cents.