13-year-old with BB gun killed by police in Columbus, Ohio

webfact

1 minute ago, ClutchClark said:

My point exactly. 

The Autopsy Report. 

The officer made split second decisions (which is how long it takes to get shot) based on the "knowns" and "unknowns" in the field. Anyone with even a shred of experience can see the toxicology report would come back positive. Even if it didn't, the suspects erratic behavior was sufficient grounds to increase the threat risk.

The autopsy has absolutely nothing to do with the real time decisions made in the field. YOU ARE MONDAY MORNING QUARTERBACKING.

And it could have been 15 shots...it does not matter in the least the number of shots it takes to nuetralize a threat.

You keep talking about a "threat". Noble was never a threat to anyone. He was just a teenager caught up in situation he thought he could talk himself out of.

As for 'split second decisions' it's ludicrous to suggest there were any of those. The first 55 seconds comprises of the cops shouting at Noble to let them see his hands. But you can clearly see that he already obeyed that order and at 1:11 got out of the vehicle without carrying anything. He then walks out calmly into the open and away from the cops. That can hardly be considered to be confrontational.

When he walks towards the cops he's told to get down on the ground which he doesn't do. And for that 'crime' the cop with the pistol shoots him twice and he falls to the ground.

Why didn't they Taser him if they thought he was still a threat? Instead a copy shoots him again with what sounds like a pistol. A few seconds after that, another cop shoots him with what looks like a shotgun or a rifle. All the while the only thing the cops are saying to him is 'get yer hands up'.

I don't know at what point he actually died, but I assume it wasn't long.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Those statistics are meaningless without a report of how many of those instances included the suspect being armed with a firearm.

Are you honestly of the belief that you can disarm a guy with a gun pointed at you with words? Seriously?

If so, then I will need to end this conversation right now because it is too incredulous to even contemplate finding any way to communicate with you from my position here on earth. 

Best wishes Shawn. I hope you never have to put your principles to the test.

Sorry, about 5000 of those involved the suspect having a suspected firearm, only 7 shot.

Another one for you, in the West Midlands last year, police faced 80 fake firearms in three months, not one resulted in a weapon being discharged.  Are you starting to get it now?

As for your disbelief that it is possible to disarm someone with words, you should check out Boston Police Depts. training program in Scotland, their police chief certainly believes his staff can learn something from the British negotiating skills successes.  You can keep living in denial if you want but the reality is out there, Americans are in no way unique, people attack other people in every country in the world, but in some countries the police are developing skills that help them avoid having to kill people.

9 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Whether an apparent armed individual is refusing to follow police order and behaving erratically as a result of drugs, mental illness or from eating an ice cream cone does not matter at the point he aggressively approaches the police and reaches behind him in a manner that fully appears to indocate he has a firearm and he intends to use it rather than follow the police order to stop.

Seriously though, are you guys just screwing with me? Are you just having fun trolling  to get my heart rate up? please tell me you don't really believe what you are posting :facepalm:

OK...you guys win. I am signing off. 

You just made it open season on the mentally ill.

Well done you!

18 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Sorry, about 5000 of those involved the suspect having a suspected firearm, only 7 shot.

Another one for you, in the West Midlands last year, police faced 80 fake firearms in three months, not one resulted in a weapon being discharged.  Are you starting to get it now?

As for your disbelief that it is possible to disarm someone with words, you should check out Boston Police Depts. training program in Scotland, their police chief certainly believes his staff can learn something from the British negotiating skills successes.  You can keep living in denial if you want but the reality is out there, Americans are in no way unique, people attack other people in every country in the world, but in some countries the police are developing skills that help them avoid having to kill people.

Your numbers are not possibly correct. Your data is being misinterpreted or I am misunderstanding you but do you actually believe that in 5,000 instances of a felon in posession of a gun the police only needed to shoot 7 times?

Please show your statistics to any Law Enforcement officer in the US and they will walk away from you shaking their head in equal disbelief. 

That is not the way gun violence occurs in the US. Do those countries you talk about have cities like Chicago where 50 people are shot on a single weekend by bad people with guns? Here in the US bad guys with guns actually use them to shoot people and they are not disarmed by discussion. 

9 hours ago, Dagnabbit said:

You just made it open season on the mentally ill.

Well done you!

What? 

Do you really believe someone does not have a right to protect themselves against a particular dangerous and aggressive individual because that person might have a mental health "issue"? 

Edited by ClutchClark

9 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:
18 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

Your numbers are not possibly correct. Your data is being misinterpreted or I am misunderstanding you but do you actually believe that in 5,000 instances of a felon in posession of a gun the police only needed to shoot 7 times?

Please show your statistics to any Law Enforcement officer in the US and they will walk away from you shaking their head in equal disbelief. 

That is not the way gun violence occurs in the US. Do those countries you talk about have cities like Chicago where 50 people are shot on a single weekend by bad people with guns? Here in the US bad guys with guns actually use them to shoot people and they are not disarmed by discussion. 

Its ridiculous the statements that Shawn makes and then does not provide any data for review. He thinks he is slick by quickly googling a term, finding one that fits his agenda, then barfs it up here like fact. 

Can one of the wailing, bawling anti gun nuts now demand a petition on banning knives.

Minnesota mall stabbings: suspected attacker killed after eight people injured

The report indicates that this guy had previous so probably could not get a legal firearm

During the news conference, Anderson said the attacker, who was armed with a knife, reportedly made references to Allah during the attack and asked at least one person whether they were Muslim.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/18/several-peope-injured-in-minnesota-mall-stabbings

What? 

Do you really believe someone does not have a right to protect themselves against a particular dangerous and aggressive individual because that person might have a mental health "issue"? 

Yes, they do not have the right to shoot unarmed individuals.

In this case the man was neither aggressive or dangerous. He was disobeying but he was no threat.

Police all over the world diffuse situations like this every day.

You've been watching too much Judge Dredd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Dagnabbit said:

Yes, they do not have the right to shoot unarmed individuals.

In this case the man was neither aggressive or dangerous. He was disobeying but he was no threat.

Police all over the world diffuse situations like this every day.

You've been watching too much Judge Dredd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not know what Juge Dredd is.

If you cannot see the threat this individual posed after seeing the video then I certsinly cannot help you. 

Obviously, your life experience is very comfortable and threat-free compared to law enforcement officers who desl with the margins of society each day and recognize what constitutes threat. 

--Erratic Behavior

--Failure to respond to 20+ Polie Orders

--Rapid Approach towards Officer 

--Reaching behind his back at waist band level in an obvious manner to suggest reaching for a firearm.