GPS Tracker for toddler

bfc1980

We're planning on getting a nanny soon and obviously we're concerned about the lack of background checks nannies get (to the point of paranoia actually) and the fact that we are actually handing our baby over to a complete stranger. Added to this that all of the nannies we've interviewed so far don't have any references from previous employers. Does anybody have any experience regarding discreet GPS trackers for toddlers? Obviously the watch types are not appropriate as daughter is only 16 months old. I had read about a little clip on tracker at http://pocketfinder.com/gpschildtracker/ but I'm not too sure it will work in Thailand. The idea is that we'll clip it onto the stroller as any possible abduction will probably involve the nanny taking her out in that (like I said paranoia). Obviously the idea isn't 100% fool proof but it will at least give us some peace of mind during the working day. Rather than praying that when we get home from work everyday our child is still there.

How do all of you with babies/toddlers cope having nannies? The stress must be unbearable. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks

In an ideal world we'd love references, but out of the 15 or so candidates we've interviewed so far, about half of them haven't even bothered to turn up for the interview or were at least 30 minutes late and none of those that did come have had references despite having experience (I find that very weird),  Although there are ways and means of faking references anyway. It would be great to get a nanny recommendation from someone we knew or at least a fellow expat we could trust to give an honest opinion.

Technically it wouldn't be a tracker for a 16 month old, but a tracker for her stroller. If I had my way, she'd be GPS chipped but unfortunately the tech isn't quite there yet.