Transferring bike from train to train

nellyp

I have to send my honda Sonic from Uttaradit to hua Hin, and I seem to have hit a snag. Sending the bike to BKK is no problem (700 baht), but I have been told that I need to be in BKK to get the bike from one train to the next.

Has anybody heard of this before? I am wondering if anybody has been able to get around this as I can't physically do this.

They are saying that they cannot unload the bike in BKK and then put it onto the hua hin train. 

Any info would be appreciated

You realize that you would have to travel with your bike ? Unless you were thinking about buying the ticket and not using it.

So at Hualomphong you would collect your bike from the train, ride it to the goods out office, deposit it there and then they would load the bike on the train for you. I have never sent a bike but I have witnessed the procedure at Hua Lomphong when sending other stuff.

From my understanding, you don't physically load and unload yourself, but it would be an idea to keep an eye out.

The post costs more than ??

2x tickets to travel

2x extra for bike to be carried

including all the inconvenience and time spent on a train .. ?? It's a no brainer.

5 hours ago, recom273 said:

You realize that you would have to travel with your bike ? Unless you were thinking about buying the ticket and not using it.

So at Hualomphong you would collect your bike from the train, ride it to the goods out office, deposit it there and then they would load the bike on the train for you. I have never sent a bike but I have witnessed the procedure at Hua Lomphong when sending other stuff.

From my understanding, you don't physically load and unload yourself, but it would be an idea to keep an eye out.

The post costs more than ??

2x tickets to travel

2x extra for bike to be carried

including all the inconvenience and time spent on a train .. ?? It's a no brainer.

I have sent this bike by train before, and never traveled with it., and, as i have said, the cost to send the bike to BKK is 700 baht. To send it to Hua Hin would be slightly less. So a total of around 1300. The train staff will load and unload the bike. 

My problem is the transfer to the other train as  this is not something I can do myself as I will be in Hua Hin.

I can get it onto the train in Uttaradit, but I have nobody in BKK to move it to the next train.

5 hours ago, nellyp said:

I have sent this bike by train before, and never traveled with it., and, as i have said, the cost to send the bike to BKK is 700 baht. To send it to Hua Hin would be slightly less. So a total of around 1300. The train staff will load and unload the bike. 

My problem is the transfer to the other train as  this is not something I can do myself as I will be in Hua Hin.

I can get it onto the train in Uttaradit, but I have nobody in BKK to move it to the next train.

Thats not supposed to be allowed? You are supposed to travel on the train too (even tho' sometimes your bike ends up on a later train) because the popular dodge is to buy a ticket and not use it.

Yes, I understand your angle - seems like there is only one solution then .. If you wanna dance, you gotta pay the band ( or the post office )

Looks like it will be easier (and cheaper) to  do the opposite of what i wanted. i will take the bike with me on the truck, and send boxes of belongings by bus. I can't believe that actually works out to be the best option. 10 baht a kilo for sending stuff on the bus Gus.