Turkish Airlines--(especially Biz Class)--Good?

pauleddy

I often fly from BKK to Malaga (AGP) in Biz. There is no Direct flight.

I've done it with TG to Madrid (then Iberia for an hour), with Qatar (Doha stop 2 hours sometimes, then Madrid) and even LH to FFurt then more LH directly on smaller aircraft to AGP.

I know now that Turkish does BKK-ISTANBUL-AGP with minimum stopover in Istanbul about 4 hrs.

As we are always seeing T.A. on tv with fancy footballers strutting, I was wondering whether anyone has the lowdown on TA? Flatbeds? Wines? Cabin? Lounges? Quality? VFM? Is Biz Class same as Econ (almost)?

Thx

(I will be going in 3 weeks!)

Eddy

actually TK is better than their reputation. Not sure if they have flat beds in C class long haul though, but food and service is usually great and of course you have lounge access. also their 737's used for European short haul flights actually do have real C-class seats (albeit not the same as their long haul product), not just the ridiculous "regular Y-class seats with the middle seat empty" as BA or LH dare to offer.

keep in mind TK has one of the worst luggage allowance nowadays, which is 20 KG for Y-class and 30KG for C-class if your flight originates in Thailand (first leg). If your first leg is from Europe to Thailand, it is 30KG / 40KG respectively. They have not only the worst, but as well one of the most complicated luggage rules nowadays.

Usually it is 2x32KG in C class for most airlines as per 2016

17 hours ago, tw25rw said:

Have a look on Youtube. Loads of trip reports of just about every airline/plane/cabin out there, including Turkish.

The leg from IST-AGP is on a 737, so won't have the flat beds.

They're big recliners. Kind-of a modern version of the old long-haul seats on China Airlines.

My wife does not like Turkish as at Frankfurt Airport on the way back to Thailand just before boarding they stopped her, took her handluggage and said it was too heavy and that she would have to pay extra, so is a no goer for us whilst flying anywhere.

look on airlinequality for reviews

thanks people

Any more info much appreciated.

I didn't expect IST to AGP to be flatties. I guess it's only 4 hours.

Anything else about the food, wine, service or other LHaul Biz on TK would be appreciated--oh, and how do the prices compare with, say, qatar??

Yeah thanks. Ive been using SG for years.

It's mainly very good, but I also wanted to hear from real folk on here.

SG is fantastic but the airlines, when booking, dont know the fleet model (sometimes!). So they say it's a 747 with flatbeds, but it's not! If it's a 747 mark 1 (200?), it don't have flatties. I've been tricked before!

try flyertalk-real comments from real people and for C they alle seem to have hours of time pretending to be a very busy biznesman for these reviews up untill the very last dot. For fare compare also use skyscanner-and note that FROM BKK may be quite different as TO BKK.

From  memory TK uses B-777 for BKK-IST

NOte: the main complaint is the overcrowdedness and sometimes very rough treatment at that airport, whcih of course you cannot avoid flying them. A giant brand new airport is in the making. This may have chnaged since that ''coupe'' in TR-bringing pax-volumes down, but I dont know for how much. Given that they mainly deal with Turkish people, its no surprise that they can be very strict on maintaining rules on carry-ons. Plus that I would assume very strict screening to after this coupe.

• 1 month later...

TK is using A333 between IST and BKK (B777 is only used for a few months long time ago).

They have full flat beds which are really good.

Their service is ok but with good food but IST is a zoo and i really hate it.

In a nut shell.

TK is fine when there are no problems but it is a disaster when you have a long delay or cancellation.

I flew TK a few times in economy, I can't slam their service and their Istanbul airport enough to reflect my dissatisfaction.

Once I was sick and boarded the plane, and asked for water to take medicine, and also my throat was so dry it was burning. I asked the steward 4 times for water, and I went to get it myself in the kitchen after 45 minutes...

It is probably much better in business and if the time in Istanbul is spent in a lounge, maybe that would be OK too.

First time I was flying Turkish I was at least to say sceptic. But I was very pleasantly surprised. Now, since I gave up in Thai Airway I have been on Turkish a few times. Excellent service and the best food I have ever had on board a flight.

12.jpg

11.jpg

16.jpg

15.jpg

10.jpg

I slept very good from Bangkok to Istanbul

And as someone said, it is real biz seat from Istanbul on wards. Not like the ordinary tourist seats that the other airlines have been used the last 10 years

13.jpg

Copenhagen to Istanbul

Starter between Copenhagen and Istanbul

14.jpg

30.jpg

Istanbul to Copenhagen

31.jpg

Istanbul to Copenhagen

Edited by Aladdin

And stay away from their lounge if you're on diet. There ar ekitchens and food stations everywhere. And Turkish food is excellent. And is there any better pastries than the baklava? There are more baklava than you can eat

21.jpg

20.jpg

One of the kitchens, making kebab

22.jpg

23.jpg

23,1.jpg

What ever you want to drink. Other wise the lounges only have Coke. Singapore Airlines in Singapore and Turkish is the only lounges I know of with Pepsi Light and Pepsi MAX. Something I always keep in mind when booking ticket

The lounge in Istanbul is th ebest lounge I have ever been to, and it is beautiful

24.jpg

25.jpg

25-1.jpg

Edited by Aladdin

And there is plenty to in the lounge if you have time to kill.

If you have a 5 or 7 hour stop over there are rooms for you to use. And showers

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

There is even a slot car track for you to use if you want to remember your childhood

TV and computer games all over so you wont be bored while waiting