'Sit down!' video captures sinking of Chao Phraya Ferry

snoop1130

'Sit down!' video captures sinking of Chao Phraya Ferry

By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee, Staff Reporter

BANGKOK — A survivor of the fatal ferry accident that killed at least 27 passengers posted a video Tuesday afternoon of the moment the vessel foundered and started to sink.

“Sit down, sit down!” two passengers shout after double-decker boat, overloaded with more than 100 Muslim travelers, struck a concrete berm and began listing.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/videos/2016/09/20/sit-video-captures-sinking-chao-phraya-ferry-video/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-9-20

Truly truly awful for those killed in this appallingly negligent and wholly preventable incident.

I very much doubt sny lessons will be learned. Just some mere scapegoating rather than changes for the better i suspect. RIP to all those who sadly never made it

14 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

Not sure if this video has been posted:

In case anybody had problem viewing this as I did, Firefox didn't work, Chrome did, I found it on YT

Tragic

Edited by Keesters

17 hours ago, z42 said:

Truly truly awful for those killed in this appallingly negligent and wholly preventable incident.

I very much doubt sny lessons will be learned. Just some mere scapegoating rather than changes for the better i suspect. RIP to all those who sadly never made it

something must be done so that such events do not repeat. 

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 6:38 AM, Just1Voice said:

This ferry was rated for a capacity of 50, but had over 100 on board. The almighty baht strikes again.

That's a big boat, licensed to carry only 50?? Maybe 150 In my view.  Think about how many the Chayo Phraya river ferries carry, 150+ at a guess, and nowhere near the size of this vessel.

8 hours ago, Toknarok said:

It must have been awful for them. Watch it again and see if you can spot ANYONE wearing a lifejacket. I can't.

I'm sure It's not a requirement to wear a life jacket for the duration.  There was little time to don them after the collision. Explained.