Certificate of Residence: Khon Kaen Immigration

Fookhaht

8 hours ago, Fookhaht said:

Anyone tried to get this form? They wanted 600B, but refused to issue a receipt. I thought all official government fees required issuance of receipts.

There is no rule or law that says immigration must issue a CR therefore there is no official government fee. You can go try the local BIB's or your local amphur office or drive to Bangkok and pay 1500 to 2300 baht at your embassy for a CR.

That right for all administration in Thaïland....  but if you have the tabian ban of the owner and 2 people to testify  you stay in this house (ask the kamnan and the pusuai, pay them some food  and beer...).....you can ( maybe) win... lol

I trying to deal with a new immigration office to obtain this form, but they have no clue as to what it is.

Is it possible someone could post a copy of their form (of course masking personal details) so I could show it to my immigration office?

Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/21/2016 at 6:03 PM, khwaibah said:

There is no rule or law that says immigration must issue a CR therefore there is no official government fee. You can go try the local BIB's or your local amphur office or drive to Bangkok and pay 1500 to 2300 baht at your embassy for a CR.

Then why is the application form on the Immigration website?

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/res_cert.pdf

On 9/21/2016 at 5:00 PM, kowpot said:

Was 500 baht about two weeks ago. Anyway, when I hand them my paperwork, that is what I give with it.  If you give more, you will probably not get any change. So, give the correct amount.  I have never gotten a receipt. 

The correct amount is ZERO Baht, that is what it should cost, anything else is illegal tea money.

5 minutes ago, kowpot said:

I agree. But, 500 baht is better than what my embassy charges. Who is ripping off who?

So, you would also be happy if they charged you 500 Baht for your 90 day report too, you know, something else that is a free service?

Didn't say that it made me happy. I wish everything was free.  My point is,  immigration is charging me 500  baht right or wrong. My embassy is charging me 1700 baht and I must go to Bangkok to get it. I must also have an appointment.  So, for convenience sake. I am OK with going to KK immigration which is only a 15 minute ride for me. Pay the 500 baht and be done with it.  I know we could go back and forth about this forever.  It is what it is and I don't think either one of us can change it.

I find it amazing people don't really think before they act, 500bht how much is that in your mother country??? Not as if you go to get one every day/week/month. But rather than pay (oh the why should we brigade) no going to ring a hotline to get them told off (childish in the extreme). So big boss man rings Khon Kaen  gives him a talking to re charging for COR. He tells his officers off for charging. Guess what they don't issue them any more as they don't have to. So now you have to go to embassy and pay there prices oh and the cost of getting there. Well done to you I bet you fell so much better now.

Edited by Deepinthailand