Side-shield glasses, Hat with Neck protector

OliverKlozerof

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

You don't say where you are, but for the hat, you might try those outdoor shops 2nd floor Amarin Plaza by Chidlom BTS., At back on left hand side looking in.

Ha! I was there yesterday! Yes, they have a few. Considered buying but like baseball caps and a bit expensive. Would like more like attached. Also thought they might have the side-shield glasses there, but nope. (I'm in Udom Suk, but easy to get anywhere near BTS.)

2 hours ago, OliverKlozerof said:

Ha! I was there yesterday! Yes, they have a few. Considered buying but like baseball caps and a bit expensive. Would like more like attached. Also thought they might have the side-shield glasses there, but nope. (I'm in Udom Suk, but easy to get anywhere near BTS.)

You could of course just buy a bush hat, and sew some cloth in for neck protection. Or maybe ask a Thai. Especially someone such as a gardener, or try a thai store or gardening centre. Maybe even HomePro.

HTH

Wander around the Khlong Thom market in Chinatown and you'll be able to find a dozen or so safety oriented shops and another dozen shops that sell all kinds of non-prescription reading glasses.

There's also a a couple of dozen shops selling hats, many with the neck protectors.  Good luck if you have a big head like mine.  It took me quite a few tries to find one big enough.  The good news is that the sizes aren't consistent so even if one doesn't fit, another may.

Also on Yaowarat (sp?) and Chaoron Krung (sp?) in that same area, there are several shops with thousands of pairs of glasses of many descriptions.  Just wander around.

31 minutes ago, impulse said:

Wander around the Khlong Thom market in Chinatown and you'll be able to find a dozen or so safety oriented shops and another dozen shops that sell all kinds of non-prescription reading glasses.

There's also a a couple of dozen shops selling hats, many with the neck protectors.  Good luck if you have a big head like mine.  It took me quite a few tries to find one big enough.  The good news is that the sizes aren't consistent so even if one doesn't fit, another may.

Also on Yaowarat (sp?) and Chaoron Krung (sp?) in that same area, there are several shops with thousands of pairs of glasses of many descriptions.  Just wander around.

This. Klong Thom has everything. You'll most likely find whatever you need there.

Most construction/landscaping/general-everything-store also usually stock those hats too, or at least the ones I've shopped at. If memory serves me right, I think "Thai Watsadu" have them too, not 100% sure on that. 

Edited by Angry Beaver