Attacker shot after storming Israeli embassy in Ankara

webfact

Attacker shot after storming Israeli embassy in Ankara

606x341_344569.jpg

ANKARA: -- An Israeli official said an attacker who tried to storm the Israel embassy in the Turkish capital has been captured.

According to a spokesman for Israeli’s foreign ministry, the attacker was apparently armed with a knife.

Turkish private broadcaster NTV said the incident happened as two people tried to enter the embassy in Ankara.

Turkish police said the assailant shouted “Allahu Akbar” or “God is greatest” outside the embassy building before he was shot in the leg and wounded by a local security officer.

It was not immediately clear if there was a second would-be attacker. Turkish media reports had initially suggested that there had been two.

The Ankara governor’s office said in a statement that the attacker, who appeared to be mentally unstable, has ignored a police warning to stop.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-09-22

This 'mentally unstable' thing is getting lame and annoying. So, a not-so-insignificant percentage of Islamist terrorists around the world is mentally unstable ?! Yeah, right.

Unless, of course, one sees too much religion as a mental illness, which I guess I would sort of agree.

7 hours ago, JemJem said:

This 'mentally unstable' thing is getting lame and annoying. So, a not-so-insignificant percentage of Islamist terrorists around the world is mentally unstable ?! Yeah, right.

Unless, of course, one sees too much religion as a mental illness, which I guess I would sort of agree.

You can't really claim any terrorist is mentally stable - psychotic, psychopathic, neurotic, bi-polar etc etc: they've got the lot.

If someone is radicalized, that process arguably, enhances the inherent lack of mental stability. 

No doubt he's another nutter - the fanatical Islam Jhiadist type the Western (and Eastern) governments now try and hide under the mentally ill catch all.

17 hours ago, JemJem said:

Okay, in most cases I agree the mentally unstable thing seems like a convenient excuse to avoid criticism of Islam.

But in this case, he was rushing to attack an embassy with a knife? He must certainly have some screws loose.

1 hour ago, mesterm said:

Okay, in most cases I agree the mentally unstable thing seems like a convenient excuse to avoid criticism of Islam.

But in this case, he was rushing to attack an embassy with a knife? He must certainly have some screws loose.

Suicide by cop/soldier, perhaps?