Thumbs up for Thailand once again - quick thinking airport staff save the day for British tourist

webfact

5 hours ago, DipStick said:

Some sad and strange postings in response to this story. Firstly it was relatively late at night, and in my experience it was possibly a dark night. Any bags left n the back seat would maybe not have been noticed by the driver, secondly and I find his more interesting is that she was checked in WITHOUT A PASSPORT, now how can that be done ?

I suppose the airline can do as they wish for a bit of good publicity

I read special check-in as provisional check-in

Without a passport she would not have got anywhere near seat A in row 36

The immigration department would have seen to that

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Good point made in an offensive,  not to say arrogant manner.

You are in danger of coming across as an unpleasant individual. 

I always have the deepest sympathy to those who may have to endure such people. 

Well thats one way to cover your arse after a nonsense post 

33 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Well thats one way to cover your arse after a nonsense post 

Really? 

Why would i want want to cover anything? If I make a mistake I'm happy to own up to it. 

However, how would you describe the response I replied to?

Arrogant? Over the top? Idiotic? Stupid? 

13 hours ago, sahibji said:

i think there is no mention of any reward given by the tourist to the taxi driver. if that is the case, it is sad because the kindness of the driver must be rewarded.

I don't wish to be negative, but how come the driver didn't check the vehicle after the passenger got out to see if she'd left anything behind?

If you look at the photo, you can see it's the type of over the shoulder bag which should have been noticeable if it had been left on the back seat or even on the floor. I'm sure it wasn't the first time that someone had left something behind in his vehicle and that should have prompted the driver to check the vehicle before leaving.

17 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I normally stand up for Thailand but I have to say on this occasion.....if it is considered  "quick thinking"  by the "Special Operations Room"  to have a look at the CCTV cameras....I'd hate to imagine what  "slow thinking"  looks like?

Whoever writes this stuff thinks that it's not a good story unless enough dramatic cliches which sound like they're lifted from old tv cop shows are thrown in. Maybe they're trying to stay on the good side of their benefactors. Not a free press in Thailand, or haven't you noticed? Good story though. As to tipping or rewarding, we don't know whether the cabbie would have kept the stuff, probably yes, so we don't know that a tip was appropriate, on the other hand, a reward might encourage more of the same behavior slim chance as that might be

18 hours ago, sahibji said:

i think there is no mention of any reward given by the tourist to the taxi driver. if that is the case, it is sad because the kindness of the driver must be rewarded.

Kindness ? As another poster pointed out he was called back he didn't come of his own accord.

If he knew about the bag and didn't return would you call that unkind or DISHONEST ?

On 9/23/2016 at 5:52 PM, Bluespunk said:

Really? 

Why would i want want to cover anything? If I make a mistake I'm happy to own up to it. 

However, how would you describe the response I replied to?

Arrogant? Over the top? Idiotic? Stupid? 

Never gave it a second thought old cock but then why should I

On 23/09/2016 at 1:03 PM, free123 said:

professional driver ALWAYS check if nothing left behind especially airport drivers.....they help u out w. t. luggage and check backseat automatically also ask u if u have everything w. u....

if he noticed why he did not turn around ( on his way out ) and bring it back OR if he did not check and picked a new customer (thast person very likly would see that handbag ) ring up and tell airport stuff what happened.....if in hurry they would tell him to turn around they pay his new fare ( which he most likly looses ) and there he goes....

He did not show initiative to bring it back by himself ???? needed to be checked on cctv ??? so who is the hero...????sure airport stuff.....not likly the driver as he failed on his duty to check on leftbehinds....

You don't know the story in full so stop believing all you read  quick thinking got that bag you reckon? More like luck I reckon that driver was on his way back or was reporting it and at the right time right place someone took a gander or a sharp ear over heard the two matters and took a chance by putting two and two together.  Silly passenger neglected her cash cow bag for her undies and shoes and by luck she got em back. Chances are very slim no matter what country. Smart operations staff saw how to reflect this in  a good way and they all lived happy ever after.

It happened at 10 pm and the plane departure was 1 am . So only 3 hours for the security team at the airport to solve the case. I can promise you that if this happened at a busy airport in London or Brussels the lady would most probably not get her stuff back in time.   Well done to the airport security.  

It's a good story. Nice to hear. I had money returned once and gave the guy 1000 baht.  BTW. British women are just stunning lol. 

Happy days
Looking at the picture quickly without even reading the story I thought that 'Dog The Bounty Hunter' had apprehended a pigmy ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk