Tuk Tuk Violence

khall64au

Its sickening what these tuk tuk freaks are doing, needs to be a boycott planned or something.

Its suprising how people can think of these twts as 'mafia' as theres no such thing in thailand (at least not in anyway similar to a proper criminal org.) all they are are a bunch of thuggish little bstards who have a plentiful supply of 'victims' who pay over the odds and then they often attack the them for haggling at the end of the journey!

Edited by JimsKnight

Have to echo all the great comments on this subject and include the silver taxis that race from the airport too!

I recently took a trip back from the airport in one and the guy was talking on his cell phone and driving like a tit and around 120 k's. When asking if he could drive slower and in a safer manner he had the audacity to say "slower will cost more" after I had already stumped up the rip-off cartel inflated 550 baht as it was. I just sat there wanting to smash him into the floor mat.

Trouble is, unlike the Tuk Tuk fares you can't even threaten not to pay as you have to do so in advance. This is the third and last time I'll use these shisters. I'll get the coach next time even if it takes all day. As with everything else here, there's no accountability, no recourse on anything and behind the Modern cars and international hotel facade it really is 3rd world thinking and everything else. Tourists re4ading this thread and considering the place-there's a lot better destinations to spend your hard earned on.........a lot better!

Edited by makavelithedon

my place of work was putting new plates on their car just a few weeks ago. someone asked why they didnt put green ones on. "because you would then have to drive like a complete idiot" was the only response i could think of.

many times i have been pushed across lanes by these cowboys with no regard for common courtesy whilst driving. lights flashing, horn beeping. i usually ignore them and watch the steam come out of their ears.

i must admit i have a slight tinge of joy when i see a green plate on the side of the road broken down. same goes with tuk tuks. one less on the road is surely a good thing!

whist im here, why do the tuk tuks have to park right up to the kerb, leaving no option but to poke your nose right out into the oncoming traffic?

i saw some tuk tuk drivers actually painting the stripes on the kerb the other day! that just goes to show who makes the rules here.