Septic Tank for small building plot

bprhodes

I am building a 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bathroom house on 55 sq Wa.  Space is at a premium.  The plot has a 2 m wide public drainage ditch (dry 99% of time) along one side (separated from property by wall).  What is the best septic tank system to use?  Do I need to tanks (one for poo and one for gray water)?  How big do I need?  I will be living alone mostly but would like to design for a typical family of 4-5 persons.  Thanks in advance for any useful advise.

Global House has large septic tanks and they can get people to install but your builder should know how to do this though.

Our WC waste content water is only for the septic tank.

Other grey water e.g. washing m/c etc goes to public drainage in our soy which is covered.

If your public drainage is open maybe better just to dig down and put 2 large round concrete cylinders, l call em pots for the grey water.

We did this on our farm land and works well, load sand at the bottom, topped with a load of stones, placed 2 cylinders pots, ground out hole in top one for grey water waste pipe and placed concrete lid on top.

Edited by Kwasaki

A builders merchant store can hand you brochures in Thai and English from SAFE BRAND or DOS BRAND or COTTO BRAND septic tanks. A 1000 liter septic tank can easily handle the waste from two toilets and one urinal. Slope matters with waste.  Grey water from showers, rain gutter downspouts, sinks, clothes washing machines, dishwashers, has several options. You  or your neighbor might want to drill a well someday in the future. The proper 3100 baht septic tank will save you trouble in the present and in the future. In eight years, never once, have I had to call the waste truck to pump a septic tank at my home with six bathrooms. That home has three 1000 liter septic tanks. Each brand has several grades of septic tanks. Septic tanks can be grey or black in color. They have membrane installed and come with the bag of material to break down waste. I have read the instructions in Thai and English for Safe brand Septic Tanks on installation in Buriram Province. Venting was simple at my home for three septic tanks.  Be on your game that the builder does not run a floor drain into your proper septic tank.  Inlet and outlet sizes are common sizes with DOS, Safe or Cotto septic tanks in Isaan. Free delivery of septic tanks and home building materials was possible when I built a home in Buriram province. 

Buriram Building Materials delivery truck.JPG

You need to start looking at a tank starting from 1000 litres for 2 people, dont go any smaller even if you are on your own, they are prone to needing more maintenance/cleaning/filling up.

I would suggest you look at say 400/500 litre per person so for you maybe 1500-2000 litre would be a start.

You will need access to sink this tank; probably looking at 1.6m square and a similar depth.

Your grey water from sinks and showers can run to a local water course if you can get permission otherwise some simple concrete box chambers to act as a soakaway or something more substantial like the large cocrete rings if you anticipate a lot of waste water being produced.

Some people of course collect this grey water and pump it out onto the garden or veggie patch as its nutrients act as a liquid fertiliser. I plan to run a perforated drain into the garden at some stage to do the same job