Does ECO call the spouse for settlement visa?

My wife has just applied for her settlement visa to come to the UK. Am I likely to get a call from the entry clearance officer who looks at her visa application? 

Reason I ask is that I work shifts and I'm not meant to carry my phone with me, last thing I want to do is miss calls and delay things.

So for anyone who has done this for a UK settlement visa, did you get a call?

thanks

Highly unlikely, decisions are usually made on the supporting evidence submitted with the application.

They have been known to call applicants if there's a doubt about something, but I've never known them call a sponsor, that doesn't mean they wouldn't though.

Is there any part of the application that's causing you concern?

We have never had a call for two visit visas or my wife's settlement visa and the trick is supplying all of the requested info so they don't need to call. Many people, both sponsors and applicants, do get calls to clarify things.

Maybe speak to your employers and ask to be allowed to carry your phone until you have a visa decision. Just an idea.

1 hour ago, theoldgit said:

Highly unlikely, decisions are usually made on the supporting evidence submitted with the application.

They have been known to call applicants if there's a doubt about something, but I've never known them call a sponsor, that doesn't mean they wouldn't though.

Is there any part of the application that's causing you concern?

No I believe everything is in order but don't want to miss a call after spending over £2000 on visa, NHS, TB and English test.

• 3 weeks later...

"Maybe speak to your employers and ask to be allowed to carry your phone until you have a visa decision"

I have worked at places where for security reasons or safety reason you are not allowed to have mobile phones. I don't any employer wold bend those rules to suit an ECO.

They did phone my step son whilst he was in school and still expected him to answer a series of questions. No allowances were made for the fact that he was in a class and in no position to be interrogated.