"We love you Papa!" - farang repairing potholed road wows Thais!

webfact

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, robblok said:

He is awfully quit. would have expected him in a topic like this.

He quit his job? I guess he's fixing another road right now before more people get hurt. After that he'll build some dams to protect his village against floods. When that's finished he'll dig some lakes so his family has water during the next drought. All Thai men will hate him.

Edited by fruitman

Oh my..mai mai..my Thai friend said they will try to take legal action againstPapa Peter for Embarrassing the Local Thai and for defamation  insinuating that locals and local authorities are lazy, corrupt and negligent. Oh Papa  better sink kwikly into the next holeu can get into ???

Kind of respect him for doing rather than usual sitting on his farang arse with usual drink & talk .

Local Amper indeed may be unhappy with him :-)
Annoying thing is why thai's can't do simple stuff like this themselves. be easy for them submit petitions, record vehicle damage etc then after year or so follow up with community team doing it & send it viral to shame the scum in charge . laziness & corruption are huge here & just because uncle buck tells us it all getting better doesn't mean it is lol ...

3 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Pathetic. Another old guy unable to accept the way things are done here and the ignorance to try to do it himself.  This is a slap in the face for the local council and from a farang. What on earth is his Thai wife doing, letting do such a thing?

I am rapidly coming round to the view that you are actually  a parody of one of those farangs who are more Thai than the Thais.

Do keep it up.

Its really rather funny. 

He needs to get out more,spending his hard earned money and time on trying to fix up a country who's government couldn't give a toss.

If he's that concerned he should be pushing his Thai wife to speak to the usual village tossers siphoning the coffers to repair it.

It makes people do strange things does Thailand,poor chap.

17 minutes ago, JAG said:

I am rapidly coming round to the view that you are actually  a parody of one of those farangs who are more Thai than the Thais.

Do keep it up.

Its really rather funny. 

You couldn't be more wrong. Pray tell why you jump to that assumption.

3 minutes ago, stoneyboy said:

He needs to get out more,spending his hard earned money and time on trying to fix up a country who's government couldn't give a toss.

If he's that concerned he should be pushing his Thai wife to speak to the usual village tossers siphoning the coffers to repair it.

Exactly. I blame his wife for letting the poor guy make a fool of himself. Then again, she is probably half his age and wants to keep him naive for obvious reasons.

1 minute ago, stoneyboy said:

On his knees in the road paying to take it up the exhaust by various lazy, cosseted buffoons.

It still just boils down to him paying to pump and grind while they prance the money away.

Anyone for bukake?

In my village the guy responsible for the road used the money to build somewhere for the people to sit and talk and do activities ,he then put his vehicles in it so the people would have to ask him if they could use it ,they didn't want to ask him so he ask his own place for his vehicles in the shade for free

He is doing something positive to help his local community - and the locals love him for it. And he is reaching into his pockets too

With all respect, this is going a little bit too far. All provinces have their local office for rural roads and quite a few complaints would have done the trick as well.

Sorry, but it seems that the guy doesn't know what else to do. I hope that they arrest him for working without a work permit and depart him to Buri Ram, somewhere out in the sticks. 

4 hours ago, stubuzz said:

There was a similar story not long ago.  The authorities were not to pleased about foreigners fixing roads.

Probably because they do a better job...

but on a serious note there is plenty of work to keep road maintenance crews busy, I don't know forever?

putting a patch of cement into a bitumen road is a very short term fix at best. have to say the roads do seem to have degraded over the last year or 2. has road maintenance funding been cut? there is a small lake forming on the road outside my girls esan house. was thinking about paying 500thb to have a load of crushed rock put in it. passing cars splashed mud and water all over the fence which i have just painted. (yes i have a work permit)

1 minute ago, Graemej100 said:

How embarrassing for Thailand and the City Hall concerned that a visitor to the country has to repair the roads.

If this is his thinking then he completely fails to see the extent of Project Thailand's ability to create their own reality.