Bangladeshi applying for Thai visa

Hello everyone,

I have been planning to go on a vacation in Thailand for a while now, and I started preparing to apply for a multiple entry tourist visa at the Royal Thai Embassy. However, after reading this article online, I am a bit scared to apply now. Is there something I can do to ensure my visa application doesn't get rejected?

I have a well traveled passport, I visited Spain, France, Germany and China this year and I have also visited Thailand on a business trip back in 2009... but this time I don't have a corporate invitation letter to support me since I'm going on vacation. I can easily provide all the other documents they require and I am definitely not a terrorist... so I know that I don't deserve to get my application rejected... but I've heard stories about people's visa applications getting rejected for no reason whatsoever even after they provided all the documents. 

It is so sad that we have to go through all this trouble to get entry into another country. It feels really bad after spending so much time planning, booking flights and hotels, preparing documents, and paying the ridiculous visa fee (non refundable) just to find out that your visa got rejected without showing a legitimate reason. It was not my choice to be born as a Bangladeshi national before I was born, every human should have the right to travel. 

Edited by Mustavi

• 3 years later...

Hi Guys.Been here 13 yrs in Udon Thani on a retirement Visa.Never had any problems getting  an extension til now. They were happy to give me an extension but I had to give them 18000bt as I was told that was the new rule ?????? It sounded as though even as I have  a hell of a lot more than 800,000,in the bank,but not enough money needed to come in for the year(65000bt).Now I thought this was for a NOn O but I was doing an extension for my Retirement Visa as normal.What do you think has happened.I was told that I will have to pay 18000bt every year from now on.HELP                  I meant to add that my application was on a TM7

Edited by biplanebluey
Addition of text