DJ'ing in Chiang Mai

jasontefl1980

Sawadee khrup,

I’m going to be in Chiang Mai in October, I've been DJing and Producing house music for nearly 15 years; Can anyone suggest any bars/clubs/promoters worth contacting in Chiang Mai?

Regards

Jason aka Doobie J

CITRUS SOUND RECORDS: http://www.citrussound.co.uk
DJ MIXES: https://www.mixcloud.com/DoobieJ/
DISCOGRAPHY: http://www.traxsource.com/artist/10638/doobie-j?ipp=100

Edited by jasontefl1980
Needed to edit from HTML to raw text

5 minutes ago, EL159 said:

If I m not allowed under Thai law to paint my own house, then presumably it must also be illegal for people from abroad to work as a DJ?

Not true. The employer can request a work permit for a foreign DJ. There are quite a few on the Islands, just like there used to be numerous Filipino bands at one time. But I've never seen a foreign DJ in C.M.

There isn't much of a Chiang Mai DJ scene, the local DJs tend to all play the same old tracks, and have very basic DJ skills, and it seems the local music fans don't have a problem with that. You could be wasting your time trying to DJ in Chiang Mai as you're unlikely to be appreciated, go to Phangan or Samui or Phuket instead.

I think to be a success in the Disc Jockey market in Chiang Mai you should read the Alan "Fluff" Freeman textbook. "Hey there pop pickers, here comes the new one from Chubby Checker, Lets Twist Again"....That would go down a storm at the Expat Coffee Mornings, hey, Nancy, how about it? As long as theres a medical team close at hand to deal with the sudden spate of heart attacks and strokes!!!

1 hour ago, EL159 said:

I think to be a success in the Disc Jockey market in Chiang Mai you should read the Alan "Fluff" Freeman textbook. "Hey there pop pickers, here comes the new one from Chubby Checker, Lets Twist Again"....That would go down a storm at the Expat Coffee Mornings, hey, Nancy, how about it? As long as theres a medical team close at hand to deal with the sudden spate of heart attacks and strokes!!!

I think the Andrews Sisters and Vera Lynn would probably be better appreciated.

CEC did have an "Elvis Evening" where we took over the Blue Food court in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew mall and rocked to the stylings of the "Thai Elvis" and his band while enjoying Chang beer towers.  Very popular and we'll do it again some time.  One energetic dancer commented that she was really putting her new artificial hip to the test with in getting down with The Twist.  

2 hours ago, NancyL said:

CEC did have an "Elvis Evening" where we took over the Blue Food court in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew mall and rocked to the stylings of the "Thai Elvis" and his band while enjoying Chang beer towers.  Very popular and we'll do it again some time.  One energetic dancer commented that she was really putting her new artificial hip to the test with in getting down with The Twist.  

You might have to explain 'the twist' its not a cocktail !

Re

I think to be a success in the Disc Jockey market in Chiang Mai you should read the Alan "Fluff" Freeman textbook. "Hey there pop pickers, here comes the new one from Chubby Checker, Lets Twist Again"....That would go down a storm at the Expat Coffee Mornings, hey, Nancy, how about it? 

Ill have you know our nancy belts out a mean hotel california and to finish a great cover version of the day you went away by m 2 m.... ive seen her do it :)

Just joshin nancy ... dave2 ... in nha trang vietnam

ex pats burma myanmar meeting meridien 24 may 14 2014-05-24 10.50.10.jpg

9 hours ago, dave2 said:

Re

I think to be a success in the Disc Jockey market in Chiang Mai you should read the Alan "Fluff" Freeman textbook. "Hey there pop pickers, here comes the new one from Chubby Checker, Lets Twist Again"....That would go down a storm at the Expat Coffee Mornings, hey, Nancy, how about it? 

Ill have you know our nancy belts out a mean hotel california and to finish a great cover version of the day you went away by m 2 m.... ive seen her do it :)

Just joshin nancy ... dave2 ... in nha trang vietnam

ex pats burma myanmar meeting meridien 24 may 14 2014-05-24 10.50.10.jpg

And you'll know I've definitely had too much to drink when move ahead a decade or two and get going on ABBA.  Eveline and I do a mean Dancing Queen!  

See what you're missing by not coming to CEC meetings.