Travelling by road Bangkok - Surat Thani - road condition?

MJKT2014

Hi,

We are planning to drive from Bangkok to Surat and last time in February when we did it the road was dug up in many parts for re-surfacing. We counted at least 20 places where traffic was affected. Have things improved at all as of late if anyone knows?

Thnx for any feedback.

I do this run monthly and its getting no better,one section gets repaired then they dig up another, puts on average another hour  on to my drive from Pattaya to Trang..............never ending nightmare :sad:

p.s. doing it again on monday :rolleyes:

Drove it lat August; the road 50kms either side of Prachup Khiri Khan is bad, u end up in a single lane behind trucks on first one side than the other side,  they have been working on this section for years   DO NOT DO IT ON  A WEEKEND!!!

Brilliant! Not what I wanted to hear, but so grateful to your answers guys. I think we'll stop off for the night at the beach somewhere on the way down and make a two day trip of it as now going onto Nakorn and beyond Surat it seems.

Thanks for replies guys. I drove it yesterday and it was better than 6 months ago, but as most have said all along sections throughout Prachuab Kiri Khan province the road is being resurfaced on one side or other so single lane traffic. In Chumpon onwards roads are good. Even sections where road works done, the surface is smoother than last time on the open lane. We counted about 15 sections in Prachuab Kiri Khan where roads were being repaired. Traffic not slowed down or crawling too much at least.